15th World Congress on Public Health (WCPH)
World Congress on Public Health (WCPH)
The World Congress on Public Health (WCPH) is held every 2-4 years by the World Federation of Public Health Associations (WFPHA) and it attracts between 2,000-4,000 delegates.
The Congress serves as an international forum for the exchange of knowledge and experiences on key public health issues, contributing towards protecting and promoting public health at a national and global level.
This Congress aims to improve public health by:
- Engaging diverse voices, ideas, vision and actions of committed professionals and citizens to strengthen and transform the global public health effort and influence decision makers
- Analysing, demonstrating, and sharing local, regional and global public health lessons particularly gender and discrimination
- Examining the effective translation of evidence based science into action
- Articulating and promoting the pivotal role of health in Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Supporting and nurturing the next generation of public health leaders
- Building on the intent of the Kolkata Declaration 2015 and Global Charter for Public Health
- Commemorating the 50th anniversary of the WFPHA
- Celebrating World Health Day, 7 April 2017.
For a list of those speaking at this event - please click here.
For further information and to register for the conference - please visit our website.