WH&S Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway (View other jobs from this organisation)
Skyrail is a unique rainforest attraction that has built on its success to become a world leader in sustainable tourism. The company has an impeccable track record which matches its significant, perpetual investment in safety.
Having navigated the worst the COVID pandemic could throw at us, we are very stable and are looking forward to a bright future.
We are seeking a passionate WH&S generalist capable of driving operational WH&S objectives whilst finding fulfilment working hands-on in a medium-sized business environment. As a member of Skyrail’s management team, you will be a natural leader with the ability to coach both staff and other managers to help drive the business’ safety and continuous improvement agenda.
The role would suit a well-rounder, preferably with project experience gained in QLD construction or heavy industry sectors. Importantly, the individual who takes-on this role will need to be demonstrably self-motivated and have the ability to work side-by-side with an ambitious GM to drive the company’s Safety agenda end-to-end.
If you are ready to roll up your sleeves, want a unique challenge and wish to work for one of the Queensland tourism industry’s biggest and most stable brands, this job is for you.
- Qualifications (tertiary preferred) in Workplace Health & Safety related discipline, with a solid working knowledge of Queensland WH&S Act 2011, codes of practice and regulations.
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience working in a WHS partnering or management role in a multi-faceted organisation.
- Demonstrated influencing skills, including engaging and collaborating with a variety of stakeholders at all levels to drive a continuous improvement safety culture.
- Extensive experience in designing, implementing, monitoring and reporting on WHS programs, including WHS inspections and audits, SOP’s, risk assessments (HAZOPS & SIMOPS knowledge desirable).
- Demonstrated ICAM or equivalent investigation qualifications and/or proven incident investigation experience.
- Experience proactively collating and analysing data and trends and producing reports for implementation of risk mitigation initiatives.
- Experience providing advice, training, and offering solutions to personnel to ensure compliance, improve safety standards and awareness.
- Previous experience navigating working at heights regulations is desirable.
This position is hands-on and may require occasional work on weekends and public holidays. Remuneration and hours of work (including an option for part time) will be negotiated with the successful applicant based on experience.
Skyrail is committed to excellence and safety in the workplace and we have comprehensive systems in place to ensure the safe operation of the cableway. As part of our team, you must be physically and mentally alert to carry out your duties safely.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical, audiology and drug/alcohol screen.
- QLD - Smithfield
- Work Type:
- Full Time