Swinburne University of Technology (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Therapist role on a nationwide clinical trial at Swinburne University
- Two part-time positions, fixed term to December 2025 at our Hawthorn campus
- Academic Level B salary + 17% superannuation
About the Role
We are seeking two part-time therapists to join an exciting National Health and Medical Research Council-funded clinical trial examining digitally-supported psychological treatments for persisting hallucinations in schizophrenia. The trial is comparing cognitive behavioural therapy with a new virtual reality-assisted therapy called avatar therapy, delivered across Australia via telehealth from our pioneering Voices Clinic.
The roles will primarily be involved in delivering two manualised therapies to participants
enrolled in the trial by our research team, alongside attending peer supervision. The roles will also join a vibrant clinical research team committed to advancing psychological approaches to severe mental illness.
To be suitable for this role you will need to have experience in the below key accountabilities:
- Training and experience in the delivery of cognitive behavioural therapy, including postgraduate training in clinical psychology, or through post-qualification training in other disciplines
- Working knowledge of the phenomenology of psychotic disorders
- Evidence of active continuing professional development and openness to learning new skills
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to develop a good rapport with participants and clinical staff
Registration as a psychologist, or equivalent qualifications and experience in psychiatric nursing, occupational therapy or social work
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne Horizon 2025 draws upon our understanding of future challenges. With this new strategic plan, we choose to build Swinburne as the prototype of a new and different university – one that is truly of Technology, of Innovation and of Entrepreneurship, and proud of it. We are committed to a differentiated university proposition in education and research, so that:
- Every Swinburne learner gets a work experience
- Every Swinburne graduate gets a job
- Every Swinburne partner gets a tech solution
- Swinburne is the prototype of global best practice
The achievement of our 2025 moon shots depends on our capacity to work collectively, always, as One Swinburne.
To view the Position Description and apply, please visit our careers webpage https://swinjobs.nga.net.au/
Applications Close: Sunday 4th December 2022, 5pm
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
- Closing Date:
- 04 Dec 2022
- VIC - Hawthorn
- Work Type:
- Full Time