- Geelong Region
- Part time 2 days per week
- Salary packaging Benefits
Ambulance Victoria (AV) is currently recruiting an OHS Advisor for the Barwon South West region. Based in our Belmont regional office, this is a 12 month fixed-term position commencing February 2014 and working 2 days per week.
Working within the Health, Safety and Wellbeing department and reporting to the OHS Manager, the primary objectives of this position are to provide and implement proactive strategies to eliminate or mitigate occupational health and safety hazards and associated risks inherent in business operations, to assist the organisation in meeting statutory obligations, and to reduce incidence and severity of workplace injuries/illnesses.
As an OHS Advisor your responsibilities and duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting AV in meeting statutory obligations under the OHS Act, Regulations, other legislation and requirements
- Hazard identification, incident investigation, and risk assessment, control and review
- Coordinating annual workplace safety inspections
- Maintaining the efficiency and effectiveness of AV’s OHS Management System
- Providing advice, support, education and on-the-job training to managers and staff
To be successful in this role you will need a proven background in OHS with extensive knowledge and understanding of OHS Legislation, supported by a tertiary qualification in OHS or a related discipline. Substantial experience in the implementation, maintenance and review of safety management systems (AS/NZS 4801:2001, SafetyMap or equivalent) and safety audits is a pre-requisite. You will have exceptional communication skills and a well developed ability to analyse and problem solve. Time management skills and attention to detail are also essential.
Applicants are requested to address the selection criteria which can be found on the Ambulance Victoria website:
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Trevor Draude on 03 9840 3908.
Your application will form an integral part of the selection process and should be of a high quality including:
- A covering letter
- A resume
- A document addressing the selection criteria detailed in the position description
We request that your application for the OHS Advisor – Barwon South West position is submitted by Wednesday 5 February 2014 to email@example.com or addressed to:
P O Box 2000
DONCASTER VIC 3108
Please note: receipt of your application will be confirmed within two working days via email.
Ambulance Victoria is an equal opportunity employer
"Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position"