- Report directly to the Executive Director, Operational Communications
- Contribute to an organisation focussed on improving lives through outstanding care
- Full time, permanent opportunity with WFH and flexible work options considered (Burwood East)
At Ambulance Victoria we are proud to share our commitment to save and improve lives by providing outstanding care for our patients. It is our promise to every patient and it sits at the heart of everything we do. No matter what corporate or support role you play in delivering our critical services to the Victorian public, you join a team dedicated to bringing our vision of ‘Outstanding emergency health care every time' to life.
Our Operational Communications division is responsible for coordinating and optimising state-wide emergency and non-emergency ambulance response, as well as the provision of patient care through Australia's largest ambulance triage directorate.
About the role
Ambulance Victoria are currently seeking a suitably experienced senior leader in the position of Director, Communications Centres. A key leadership position within the Operational Communications division, this position will lead the strategic management and development of AV's state-wide communications functions.
With an ability to drive change and lead, mentor and develop a high performing team across the Communication Centres and Resource Hub, this position will be critical to:
- Establishing a high performing culture within the Communication Centres to deliver best care and ensure the effective and efficient use of ambulance resources
- Ensuring the Operational Communications Centre function provides appropriate and effective support to all operational service delivery streams across clinical operations, including emergency services, non-emergency services, air ambulance and adult retrieval
- Collaboration with colleagues across the Operational Communication division and wider AV to optimally deliver AV's Operational Communication Centre function and continuous performance improvement
- Provision of the primary Operational Interface with the Emergency Services Telecommunications Authority (ESTA) to ensure delivery against Key Performance Indicators
Suited to highly motivated and strategic individual, the successful applicant will possess:
- Significant operational management experience, ideally supported by a tertiary qualification in a business, management, or public administration discipline
- Exposure to or an understanding of call takings and dispatch systems and telephone triage systems
- Demonstrated industry experience in a senior position within a complex organisation, preferably in the Health or Emergency Services field
- A high level of communication with an ability to build and maintain relationship with a range of stakeholders, both internal and external
- A coaching, mentoring and leadership approach to management
Working at AV
As a valued member of AV you will enjoy a professional working environment that recognises the importance of work/life balance. Although there will be a requirement to maintain a presence at Headquarters, flexible working arrangements are available and will be discussed with the successful candidate. We offer salary packaging options, generous personal leave entitlements, accrued days off for full time roles, and other benefits including free on-site parking.
The position is governed by the Victorian Government Public Entity Executive Remuneration Policy. Candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment Statutory Declaration and Consent Form, in line with the Victorian Public Sector Commission's Executive Pre-Employment Screening Policy, prior to an offer of employment. Successful applicants will need to have received the mandated COVID-19 vaccinations
By applying for this position with Ambulance Victoria, you agree to undertake an assessment of any Secondary Employment or outside interests, in line with AV's Secondary Employment procedure. This is required to ensure there is no perceived or actual conflict of interest for AV should you be successful and commence in the role.
We believe our people are our greatest resource and the sustainability of our workforce depends on how well we utilise our people's skills and abilities and whether our staffing reflects the diversity of the Victorian community. If you're ready to play an integral role and deliver results that help make a real difference, we want to hear from you!
How to apply
See ‘Applying for a position with Ambulance Victoria' on our careers page. For any queries, please email Lindsay Mackay at Lindsay.firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application will form an integral part of the selection process and should be of a high quality including:
- A covering letter which includes addressing the key selection criteria.
- A resume
We request that your application for the Director, Communications Centres position is forwarded by Tuesday 12 July 2022 by clicking on ‘apply online'.
Applications must be submitted via the AV Careers Centre website https://careers.ambulance.vic.gov.au/ to be considered.
At all levels of our organisation, a diverse and inclusive workforce allows us to deliver Best Care to the Victorian community, and helps create a healthier, more productive workplace for our people.