Regional Director - [Archived Advertisement]
Ambulance Victoria (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Report directly to the Executive Director, Clinical Operations
- Contribute to an organisation focussed on improving lives through outstanding care
- Permanent opportunities in four individual regions - Gippsland, Loddon Mallee, Hume, and Metropolitan Region
At Ambulance Victoria we are proud to share our commitment to save and improve lives by providing outstanding care for our patients. It is our promise to every patient and it sits at the heart of everything we do. No matter what corporate or support role you play in delivering our critical services to the Victorian public, you join a team dedicated to bringing our vision of ‘Outstanding emergency health care every time' to life.
At all levels of our organisation, a diverse and inclusive workforce allows us to deliver Best Care to the Victorian community, and helps create a healthier, more productive workplace for our people.
About the role
Ambulance Victoria is currently seeking to appoint four suitably experienced Regional Directors across four individual regions (Gippsland, Loddon Mallee, Hume, and Metropolitan). As a key leadership position within the Chief Operations Directorate, the Regional Director will be required to lead and drive high quality operational emergency and non-emergency services for the Victorian Community through the overall delivery of regional business strategies, objectives, and plans.
With an ability to drive change and lead, mentor and develop a high performing team across the designated region, this position will be critical to -
- Strategically balancing competing risks and impacts to deliver consistently high-quality emergency and non-emergency response services for best patient care, in line with maximum efficiency performance targets and business and community objectives
- Leadership of the collective regional team in accordance with AV values and priorities, operating guidelines, and frameworks to ensure holistic daily preparedness and incident response readiness
- Role modelling best care principles whilst providing specialist expertise and knowledge in anticipation of emergency and non-emergency requirements across the community
- Driving a safe, lawful, and respectful workplace culture whilst building capability across the region to accept and embed cultural integration and wellbeing improvements
- The provision of reliable strategic and operational advice which informs and contributes to achievement of regional and overall AV strategic goals, risk mitigation, innovation, and continuous improvement
Suited to a highly motivated and strategic individual, the successful applicant will possess -
- Significant operational management experience, ideally supported by a tertiary qualification in a business, management, or public administration discipline
- Proven senior leadership experience with success in the development, implementation and evaluation of a wide scale service delivery and operational program
- Demonstrated industry experience in a senior position within a complex and geographically dispersed organisation, preferably in the Health or Emergency Services field
- A high level of communication with an ability to build and maintain relationship with a range of stakeholders, both internal and external
- A coaching, mentoring and leadership approach to management of a large, diverse workforce across multiple locations with demonstrated success in leading teams through work reforms and change, continuous culture improvement with a professional development focus.
Working at AV
As a valued member of AV you will enjoy a professional working environment that recognises the importance of work/life balance. Although there will be a requirement to maintain a presence at Headquarters, flexible working arrangements are available and will be discussed with the successful candidate. We offer salary packaging options, generous personal leave entitlements, accrued days off for full time roles, and other benefits including free on-site parking.
We believe our people are our greatest resource and the sustainability of our workforce depends on how well we utilise our people's skills and abilities and whether our staffing reflects the diversity of the Victorian community. If you're ready to play an integral role and deliver results that help make a real difference, we want to hear from you!
Successful applicants will need to have received the mandated COVID-19 vaccinations and be willing to complete pre-employment screening including a Police Check.
By applying for this position with Ambulance Victoria, you agree to undertake an assessment of any Secondary Employment or outside interests, in line with AV's Secondary Employment procedure. This is required to ensure there is no perceived or actual conflict of interest for AV should you be successful and commence in the role.
How to apply
For any queries, please contact Danielle Bourke, Lead, Recruitment and Selection via - email@example.com or 0417 374 824
Your application will form an integral part of the selection process and should be of a high quality including:
- A covering letter
- A resume
- A statement (maximum one page) advising on
- Your interest in the position
- How your skills and experience to date would set you up for success in this position
- What you anticipate your impact will be in the position
Please note, as we have requested a statement as above, key selection criteria is not required.
We request that your application for the Regional Director position is forwarded by 11.59pm AEST, Sunday 30 April 2023 by clicking on ‘apply online'
Applications must be submitted via the AV Careers Centre website https://careers.ambulance.vic.gov.au/ to be considered.
Location - Although initial appointment may be within one of the regions listed, you may be required to work at an alternative location based on the needs of the business.
We welcome applications from people of all ages, genders, cultural and linguistic backgrounds, religious beliefs, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability and people who are diverse in gender and sexuality.
- Closing Date:
- 30 Apr 2023
- VIC - Doncaster
- $172,408.00 - $230,493
- Work Type:
Executive Management/Corporate Services