At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we're committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
Founded on care and driven by collaboration, our Health and Safety Business Unit is committed to getting Victorians home safely every day. We're growing our team with people whose expertise, insight and passion will help us reach our goals for a safer Victoria.
WorkSafe is relocating its headquarters to Geelong by 2018. Prior to this date, this role will be based at 222 Exhibition Street, Melbourne.
About the role
As the Director of Programs you will be responsible for leading and facilitating the delivery of the strategic Health & Safety Improvement Programs; aimed at reducing injury, illness and fatalities in Victoria workplaces. Working collaboratively with key business partners, you will lead a team where the overall focus is aligned with Health & Safety strategy and a whole of business focus. In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Providing valuable leadership by promoting collaboration, innovation and excellence to achieve objectives
- Contributing to overall business unit - development of strategy, policy, reporting and evaluation frameworks
- Lead and consistently drive strategic collaboration and engagement of key stakeholders
- Managing multiple programs on time and to budget with measurable outcomes
Skills & experience
- Proven experience in Senior Leadership with strategic program planning and management
- Ability to provide leadership and motivation to team and stakeholders to deliver high quality results
- Highly developed conceptual and analytical skillset - commercial and organisational acumen, as well as ability in development of government policy
- Ideally knowledge/experience working in Occupational Health & Safety, with understanding of regulatory approaches
- High-level interpersonal and communication skills, including negotiation and influence at a senior level
Benefits & culture
In return we offer a range of great benefits, including work variety, workplace flexibility and leave options, learning and development opportunities, study support, a leading health and wellbeing program, contribution to gym memberships and prescription eye wear and discounted corporate health insurance rates. WorkSafe prides itself on being a great place to work.
No applications from recruitment agencies will be accepted.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
Applications close midnight Wednesday 31st May 2017. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.