Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research Portfolio
Research Grants and Contracts
Reference no. 1783/0918F
- Opportunity to provide high level management of application and administration processes relating to a range of external and internal research grant funding schemes
- 2x Full-time, fixed term for 12 months, potential secondment opportunities
- Remuneration package: HEO7 base salary $92Kp.a. plus leaving loading and generous superannuation benefits
About the opportunity
The role of Research Administrative Officer is to provide high level management of application and administration processes relating to a range of external and internal research grant funding schemes, including the Australian Research Council (ARC) and the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC).
In this position, you will:
- take responsibility for University wide administrative processes and procedures for assigned internal and external research funding schemes
- manage and coordinate contacts with assigned research funding agencies and prepare all necessary correspondence
- provide advice to staff and students on University and funding body policies and procedures in relation to assigned research funding schemes
- take responsibility for maintenance of accurate grants data in the Research Information Management System (IRMA) for assigned funding schemes and as required.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for two Research Administration Officers who possess:
- demonstrated ability to plan, prioritise and organize workload in a high volume envionrment while working to strict deadlines with minimal supervision.
- customer-focus in supporting staff and students
- experience developing, implementing and reviewing procedures and policies; interpreting policy in order to provide accurate advice.
- Well-developed skills in using computerised systems, particularly PC based systems, word processing, spreadsheet and database packages.
The University of Sydney is committed to continued improvement in its research performance, maintaining its leading role within Australia and improving its competitive position internationally in order to contribute to the economic, social and cultural well-being of Australia and the wider world. To realise this vision the University is implementing strategies that will attract and nurture the brightest researchers and support them to undertake research that makes an original contribution to knowledge or understanding; focusing its research activities to create areas of critical mass and coordinate investment in key strategic research areas while continuing to support strong disciplines,; aligning its organisational structure to support capabilities in key disciplines and cross-disciplinary areas; and building capacity to undertake many different kinds of research translation including intellectual property protection and commercialisation.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ more than 6,000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on these positions and the University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm 16 October 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.