- Take pride in supporting the research education activities by leading the research education support team for the precinct
- Located in Camperdown, Sydney
- Continuing, full-time and remuneration package $111K p.a which includes leave loading and up to 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
We are in a period of exciting and significant investment in our Faculty of Medicine and Health and in order to deliver on the University’s ambitious strategic plan, we are looking for Research Education Lead to support Sydney precinct.
Supports the research education activities of the Faculty by leading the research education support team for the precinct to effectively provide guidance and leadership to administrative staff, analyse matters, make policy determinations and provide sound advice on policy and procedures for the completion of work activities.
Some of your responsibilities are listed below:
- oversee and deliver an improved research education student experience through monitoring emerging trends, practice and evidence for effective research training strategies and developing research training and skills development programs for both Research Education students and academic Research Education supervisors
- acts as the key liaison point between the precinct and the central HDR Administration Centre and HDR units.
This position can have up to 7 direct reports.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for Research Support Lead who possesses the below experience:
- excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with sound negotiating and conflict resolution skills and a demonstrated level of tact and discretion in dealing with day to day operational matters
- client focussed with the ability to build partnerships between the precinct research education team and the schools leadership teams
- extensive experience in developing and working on research education projects. Working understanding and current knowledge of relevant aspects of the Work Health and Safety Policy and relevant legislation.
For more information on the Faculty of Medicine and Health, please click on https://intranet.sydney.edu.au/medicine-and-health.html
Intending applicants are welcome to seek further information about the position from firstname.lastname@example.org
For recruitment-related enquiries, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact email@example.com
Please refer to the position description for further details.
Job Reference No: 1971/0919C
Closing date: 11:30pm, Thursday 28 November 2019
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.