- Be responsible for the planning and organisation of placements and work integrated learning
- Located at Camperdown Campus
- Fixed Term for 2 years, part-time (0.6 FTE) with base salary $86Kp.a pro rata with leave loading and superannuation
About the opportunity
We are in a period of exciting and significant investment in our Faculty of Medicine and Health and in order to deliver on the University’s ambitious strategic plan, we are looking for a Placements & WIL Officer to join the Education Unit.
The role ensures the provision and seamless operation of all placements for students and works closely with placement providers to ensure the provision of quality placements and excellent, mutually beneficial relationships between the faculty and providers.
Under the broad direction of the Placement and WIL Team Lead, some of your responsibilities are listed below:
- support the implementation and monitor the annual WIL operational plan to for the work area to ensure WIL based units of study are effectively supported
- coordinate the development of placement cycles in placement allocation database
- coordinate the preparation and distribution of WIL unit of study learning materials and outlines, teaching and assessment materials; prepare class lists and assessment schedules in accordance with agreed timelines and standard
- advise and ensure WIL practices, unit of study materials and WH&S action plans are compliant with Faculty and University policy.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Placements & WIL Officer who possesses the below experience:
- effective and tactful communication skills (both verbal and written) together with strong problem solving skills and the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement, along with the ability to prioritise workload during busy periods
- excellent time and workload management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritise effectively, manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and achieve required outcomes
- experience delivering placement programmes, preferably in a tertiary education or medicine and health environment.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 2004/0919F to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm, Tuesday 28 January 2020
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.