- Part time (0.5 FTE) fixed term until 31/12/2022
- Exciting opportunity to undertake curriculum development, teaching and research in Indigenous Health within the Doctor of Medicine program (MD)
- Base Salary $110,856-$131,639 per annum + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer in Indigenous Health to be involved in curriculum development, teaching and associated research in Indigenous Health within the Doctor of Medicine program (MD). You will work with the Head of Indigenous Health Unit and the Director of the Medical Program to implement the Indigenous Health curriculum across the four-year program.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- assist in the development and delivery of high-quality teaching and learning experiences and educational programs for the Sydney Medical Program that aligns with the University's desired Graduate Qualities
- teach at postgraduate's level in Indigenous Health in both face to face and external modes of delivery
- engage with the research programs of other disciplines in the school as appropriate to their interests and expertise
- collaborate with a network of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander academics and community members across the clinical schools and rural sites, to ensure a consistent, culturally appropriate curriculum and appropriate student experience of Indigenous health
- provide mentoring and academic support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in the Sydney Medical School
- a relevant qualification and experience in a health-related field or a PhD
- experience working in Aboriginal community-controlled health services or primary care settings with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- demonstrated understanding of health and social issues of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a teaching/education program
- demonstrated capacity to stimulate, actively engage and educate an audience using a range of media
- deep and broad experience in teaching and learning in a tertiary environment, as evidenced by participation in team teaching within an established program and experience in teaching in a variety of settings
- a developing network of relationships with key academic, industry and professional institutions, partners and stakeholders
- experience with community engagement in order to begin to build relationships with the Aboriginal community-controlled sector and Aboriginal communities surrounding Sydney University
- experience in supervising or mentoring others and/or coordinating team activities
Closing date for applications
11:59pm, Sunday 28 November 2021
Please note: The University of Sydney will be closed from 24 December 2021 until 9 January 2022 inclusive.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident. Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For further information on the opportunity, please contact Emma Walke at
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Paulina Rojas (Mon-Wed) and Nicole Feain (Thurs-Fri), Recruitment Operations at
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.