Whenever and wherever people in Queensland need us the most, we’re there. That’s how it’s been for almost a century.
Join us and help us keep it that way.
The RFDS’s Dental Team provides dental care to rural and remote areas of Queensland with limited or no access to oral health services, via an 18-wheel semitrailer housing two state-of-the-art dental surgeries. The team on average services upwards of 70 patients per week, with the capacity to offer a range of services varying from a preventive check-up and clean through to a surgical extraction with the aid of our on board orthopantomogram or OPG unit.
The Mobile Dental Unit is staffed by RFDS dentists and dental assistants who provide a range of dental services at no cost to communities in rural and remote Queensland. This service not only addresses the immediate need for dental care within these communities, but also to improves overall health in these regions.
About the role
- Full-time, permanent
- Services rural and remote Queensland
- Fly in/Fly out (FIFO) preferably from Brisbane however open to other locations in Queensland
- Two weeks on – one week off, service delivery roster arrangement
Looking for a chance to step out of the mundane and your comfort zone to travel to remote Queensland and make a difference in the lives of some very deserving people?
An exciting and unique opportunity presents within the RFDS Dental Service division for an experienced, energetic and enthusiastic Principal Dentist to join the team on a full-time, permanent basis. The role will see you leading a vibrant and passionate frontline team of Dentist and Dental Assistants as they travel through rural and remote Queensland providing free dental treatment to communities who are in need of your care.
Who we are looking for?
To be successful in this role, you will be a person who strives to deliver exceptional service and care in line with organisational and dental unit objectives. With a sense of adventure, you will have strong interpersonal and communication skills and will have the ability to operate effectively in a remote team environment, contributing positively to the operations and working relationships of the Mobile Dental Unit.
You will also have:
- Registration with AHPRA, as a Dentist
- Preferably a minimum of two year’s post graduate experience in a general dental practice
- Current Queensland Health Radiography Licence (extra-oral & intra-oral)
- Proven clinical skills in managing difficult and a broad range oral health issues
- Experience in utilising a clinical patient records system such as Titanium
- Previous management and supervisory experience within a public detail health setting or other related industries would be desirable
- Evidence of annual certification in Basic Life Support or willing to obtain
- The ability to work a two week on, one weeks off, service delivery roster and stay in the local community (RFDS will provide accommodation)
There are also three ‘must-haves’ that we look for in every employee of RFDS (Queensland section).
We want people who:
- Are passionate about providing the finest careto people in Queensland;
- Go above and beyondto drive a positive, cohesive team culture – helping each other to help others;
- Embrace the challenges our organisation faces - have the motivation to help us thrive in a competitive, commercial, KPI-driven environment.
Please note: This role will be required to undergo and pre-employment drug and alcohol test and will be subject to criminal history check.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, energy and commitment to our mission, we offer you the opportunity to make a real impact in Queensland communities and truly help others. You will be working with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution to our iconic organisation. Critically, you are also helping ensure our organisation is efficient, effective and sustainable now and in the future.
As a specialist in our exceptional frontline team, you’ll embrace a unique professional challenge. You’ll use all the skills you’ve worked so hard to acquire, making a difference to people’s everyday lives and delivering vital care in emergency situations. And with a workplace spanning thousands of kilometers of regional and outback Queensland, well, you’ll see work and life like never before.
Your contribution will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package plus salary packaging arrangements. In addition, you’ll have the unique opportunity to meet the people who have been directly impacted by our life-saving service and see how your work positively impacts communities.
Please submit your application including demonstrated experience that highlights your suitability to this opportunity.
Need more information or still having questions? Please contact: Annette Saleta on 07 3852 7595 for a confidential discussion or send your query to our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
Please note to be successful the candidate will be required to undergo a RFDS credentialing process which includes referee checking (one must be a recent line manager) and certified copies of qualifications and registrations.
Application close COB Friday 10 April 2020
*Shortlisting and interviewing may take place during the advertising period*
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.