- Access & Equity
- Disability Portfolio
Banyule City Council is an award-winning organisation that prides itself on a customer-focused culture of innovation, best practice and continuous improvement. We uphold an enviable reputation for customer service and work diligently to maintain high quality services to provide the best possible opportunities and outcomes for the community we represent.
An opportunity exists for a Community and Social Planner within the Community and Social Planning Unit. The Community and Social Planning unit sits within the Health, Aged and Community Planning Department and works across Council to support and encourage community engagement, partnerships and consultation, we are deeply committed to creating and promoting positive change for Banyule’s diverse communities.
A little bit about the role
The Community and Social Planner position presents an opportunity for someone who is passionate about influencing policy and strategic direction to Council regarding inclusion, access and equity, and community social wellbeing. You will use your project management skills to develop tools, guidelines and resources that promote an integrated approach to community and social planning and inclusion, access and equity. The focus of this role will be on the Disability Portfolio.
What we are looking for
- Tertiary qualifications in health, social sciences community planning or a related field or experience in similar role
- Program experience to demonstrate achievements, understanding of and commitment to community and social planning, and inclusion, access and equity
- Ability to gain co-operation of staff, agencies and the community and to manage diverse agendas
- Proven experience in project management
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, including advocacy, negotiation and conflict management
- Experience in data analysis and use of data to improve program planning
We can offer
- $84,825.51 to $92,220.59 pro rata plus super
- Temporary part time 22.5 hours per week, for six months.
- Ongoing learning and individual development opportunities, including health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Supportive team environment
- Flexible work environment, currently working from home arrangement are in place
- Greensborough location
Our Culture - Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
Want to know more about this position? We recommend you access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability contact Theonie Tacticos Community & Social Planning Coordinator Tel: 9490 4364 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Tuesday 4 August 2020.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.