About the Family Services Department
This department is part of our Community Life Division, and provides services for families and children aged 0-12 through the delivery of programs such as Maternal and Child Health, Long Day Care, Kindergarten, Occasional Care, School Holiday Program, Parenting Programs and Playgroups.
About the role
In partnership with the Community Child Health Coordinator provide leadership and support to the Maternal and Child Health (MCH) team to provide a high quality, professional service that meets program standards, implement changes to practice that reflect current policy direction, and take a systems approach to develop the service to best meet the needs of local communities.
- Role model and promote Council values in all aspects of duty.
- Provide strategic advice and information to the Community Child Health Coordinator.
- Provide support in the routine management of the service and support to team members.
- Provide leadership in the provision of a quality service that aims for continuous improvement.
- Undertake professional review of Maternal & Child Health practice and staff performance appraisals as delegated by the coordinator.
- Maintain professional knowledge and skills and apply theoretical frameworks to evidence based interventions.
- Use a collaborative approach to develop and maintain partnerships with other professionals and relevant services.
- Maintain working knowledge of and meet all requirements in respect to relevant legislation, program and practice guidelines and service agreements.
Key selection criteria
- Hold a current practicing certificate as a Registered Nurse Division One with additional qualifications of midwifery and maternal & child health endorsed by the National Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, ability to take a broad perspective of the service, be innovative and flexible.
- Well-developed clinical nursing, interpersonal and counselling skills.
- Well-developed understanding of quality assurance and continuous improvement principles
- Intermediate level of computer literacy – specific knowledge of CDIS software package
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in supporting breast feeding women.
- Current Victorian Drivers licence and a motor vehicle and comprehensive insurance.
About the City
As Victoria's largest regional municipality, the City provides the benefits of city living in a beautiful seaside location - all only 1 hour from Melbourne. We enjoy an open and inclusive culture with great employment conditions, competitive salaries, flexible work arrangements, paid parental leave, and many varied learning and development opportunities. The City is an equal opportunity employer and values the contributions a diverse workforce can bring to our community.
Applications and Enquiries
Click the APPLY NOW button below to submit your application or find out more about this opportunity.
Enquiries: Karen Brooke | 03 5272 4772| email@example.com
Applications close 5:00pm Friday 27 April 2018.