- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- $98K – $110K + Super
- 18-month full time contract position with monthly RDO
- Ref No: 18191
Moreland City Council, located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting opportunity in the Aged and Community Support Branch in this newly created position to influence the future direction of services to ensure they meet the changing needs of the community. The opportunity exists to find creative solutions and develop innovative approaches in response to aged care and disability reforms. Some of the key responsibilities will be to lead and support projects within the Aged and Community Support branch; which explore the future role of Council during and after the aged care reforms; Project manage and support teams through implementing service improvement projects. The role also involves contributing to research on community needs and priorities to support the program and service planning across Council.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Experience or qualifications in a related discipline such as Allied Health, Community Services and/or significant experience in a related field;
- Demonstrated experience within the context of Aged and Community Support service delivery, including Home and Community Care programs and related services;
- Demonstrated project management and change management experience, preferably within a local government and community services context;
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement and leading service improvement processes and initiatives;
- Ability to lead, influence and gain cooperation of internal and external key stakeholders;
- Experience in managing a team is not essential but would be advantageous;
- Well-developed relationship building, consultation and community engagement skills;
- Current Working with Children Check and Police Check.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Monthly RDO;
- Opportunities for training and career development;
- Salary sacrifice options;
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes;
- Wellbeing initiatives and free gym classes.
For further information please contact Ros Pruden on 9240 1237.
Applications close: 11pm, Sunday 1 March 2020
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website
Please note all applicants must apply online and no late applications will be accepted.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.