- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city Councils
- 6 positions available
- $34.51 per hour + Super
- Fixed term positions to June 2022
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is located Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
Council currently has 6 positions available for highly motivated and experienced people to work as a Home Support Worker across our municipality. Home Support Workers provide a vital service that can help people stay in their own home and continue to live their lives the way they choose to.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Providing support to older people and people with disabilities across a range of support services including personal care, respite support (small group and individual), assistance with basic household tasks and shopping.
- have strong active listening skills and an understanding of how to use empowerment to support people under the wellness and reablement framework.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- hold a minimum qualification of Certificate III in Individual Support, Community Support (formally HACC or Aged Care), or equivalent;
- have a current Level II First Aid;
- have relevant experience;
- be available to work a minimum of 6 hours per day, Monday - Friday 7.00 AM - 4.00 PM
- have a current Working with Children’s Check;
- have a reasonable level of personal fitness; and
- have a current Victorian Drivers licence and reliable roadworthy motor vehicle.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Active Social Club
- Salary sacrifice options
- Opportunities for training and career development
- A real sense of work-life balance
For further information or a confidential conversation, please contact Scott Lovegrove on 9240 2302 or to apply online, go to Careers at Moreland at https://erecruit1.mercury.com.au/MorelandCity/
Applications close: 5pm, 19 July 2020.
(In the case that we receive a high volume of applications, we may close this advert before the closing date)
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.