Home Support Worker
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Home Support Worker
- Attactive hourly rate starting from $34.51 + Super
- Part time - 4 to 5 days per week
- Multiple positions available
Moreland is a progressive council with 180,000 residents: one community, proudly diverse. Our city is vibrant and energetic, known for its active community, array of fabulous festivals, cool pools, eclectic shops and our community of artists and creative industries. As a Council, we’ve been supporting our community through difficult times, and our long-term vision has ambitious goals for environmental sustainability, community wellbeing, and creating great places.
Moreland Council strives to be a contemporary, innovative and collaborative organisation with a deep commitment to engagement with, the Moreland community. With the Civic Centre located in Coburg, 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at the doorstep. Moreland City Council is a great place to live, work and play.
ABOUT THE ROLE
If you are a highly motivated, qualified individual and want to make a real difference in the community then this is the role for you.
As a Home Support Worker, you will provide a high standard of support services to clients both their home and in the community. You will be working with older people and people with disabilities supporting them with daily living tasks that help them to continue to live their lives the way they choose. You will provide a range of support services including personal care, respite, shopping, assistance with basic household task and supporting social connections by delivering activities in group settings.
To be successful in this role you will have strong active listening skills and an understanding of how to use empowerment to support people under the wellness and reablement framework.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- You must have a Certificate III in Individual Support, Community Support \or equivalent
- Have a current Level II First Aid or have the ability to obtain
- You must be available to work a minimum of 6 hours per day, 4 -5 Days per week (2-year Fixed term contract -Part Time up to 35 hours per week)
- Hold a current Working with Children’s Check or have the ability to obtain one
- This role requires a reasonable level of personal fitness and you need to have the ability to be on your feet throughout the working day
- Hold a current Victorian Drivers licence and reliable roadworthy motor vehicle
- Speaking a second community language; Greek, Italian or Arabic is also highly desirable
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- The opportunity to work alongside a professional and supportive team
- Salary sacrifice options
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Wellness programs
For further information please contact Scott Lovegrove on 9240 2302.
Should you be successful you will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment Medical and Police checks
Applications close: 11.30 pm, 5 December 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attached your valid Drivers Licence and WWCC. Please have this ready when completing your application
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 05 Dec 2021
- VIC - Coburg
- starting from $34.51 + Super
- Work Type:
- Part Time