2020 is your year, move to a better position now and enjoy the lifestyle and benefits that come with it!
Situated in tropical North Queensland, Cairns is a thriving vibrant city framed by world class attractions such as the World Heritage listed Great Barrier Reef, Wet Tropics - Daintree Rainforest and nearby Atherton Tablelands and outback Savannah regions. With an estimated population of approx. 165,000 the Cairns Regional Council local government area encompasses 1687 km2 of land on a narrow coastal strip between the Great Dividing Range and the Coral Sea. With our purpose to “serve the community”, we are committed to providing a sustainable liveable city that enhances our unique lifestyle and enriches our community and region. Our commitment to high quality services means that we need talented, committed people – we need you!
We are now seeking a highly motivated, experienced and suitably qualified Rehabilitation & Return to Work Advisor to advise, implement and support strategic injury management, rehabilitation and fitness for work processes within Council, with the aim of achieving optimal return to work outcomes.
To be successful in this position you must have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in rehabilitation, allied health or related discipline.
- Accreditation as a Workplace Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator under the Queensland Act.
- Current Queensland Drivers Licence.
- Extensive experience in the management of complex end-to-end work and non-work related injuries and illnesses, employee wellbeing, and broader fitness for duty issues, with a record of effective application and in achieving outcomes.
- Extensive knowledge and application of relevant legislation pertaining to the management of employee wellbeing, disability and return to work matters including workers compensation, privacy, ER/IR and reasonable adjustment.
- High-level interpersonal, problem solving, negotiation, presentation and client relationship management skills, including the ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Experience in general Human Resource practices, specifically industrial relations and alignment with rehabilitation and return to work management.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor performance, analyse data, identify trends, produce reports and propose strategies while managing competing priorities and meeting timeframes.
- Ability to communicate and engage with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, education and experience.
- Ability to manage the needs of dealing with employees whilst maintaining a business focus.
- Ability to negotiate and communicate using a range of mediums at all levels within a large multiâ€‘disciplined organisation.
In return we offer the following benefits:
- 19 day month
- Up to 5 weeks annual leave
- 12% contribution to superannuation
- Annual leave loading
- Subsidised uniform allowance
- Subsidised health and well-being membership (gym / swimming pool)
- On-going opportunities for learning and professional development
For a full listing of the Key Duties & Responsibilities and full Selection Criteria you must go to our website: https://cairnsqld.mercury.com.au
How to Apply:
Your application must be submitted online and must consist of the following:
- Cover Letter addressing the three main elements as detailed in the full selection criteria.
- Copy of your Resume.
Applications not addressing the full selection criteria will not be accepted.
As part of the selection process applicants may be required to undertake some or all of the following preâ€‘employment assessments / checks:-
- Pre-employment medical, which will include a functional capacity assessment and drug and alcohol test.
- National police / criminal history check.
- Practical Assessment
- Numeracy and Literacy Assessment
- Computer Skills Assessment
- Qualification / Licence Verification
- Working with Children & Young People (Blue Card) Verification
- Right to Work in Australia Check
- Directorship Check
To be eligible to apply for a position at Cairns Regional Council, you must fulfil one of the following criteria:-
- Permanent resident of Australia
- Australian Citizen
- New Zealand Citizen
- Entitlement to work visa
Applications Close: Wednesday, 19 February 2020