Associate Director - People & Culture
Ministry of Health (View other jobs from this organisation)
Associate Director - People & Culture
- Full Time, Temporary (up to 10 months, commencing April 2023)
- Future ongoing opportunities may become available, at grade
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Join an organisation that is passionate about supporting our people to contribute to a world-class health system in NSW
- Participate in purposeful work
- Be a part of an inclusive workplace that supports workforce diversity, inclusion, and wellbeing
- 35 hour working week, in a hybrid working environment
Become part of a supportive leadership team that will work in a matrix structure, collaborating with subject matter experts across the various teams within the Ministry’s people and culture function. The role calls for a creative problem solver who can understand and work across multiple HR specialities.
About your new role
You will work collaboratively, in partnership with your People and Culture colleagues and senior executives to understand business needs and deliver value adding HR solutions.
This will be a diverse role where you will:
- Act a key business partner to the Deputy Secretaries and Ministry of Health Executive Directors to deliver orgnanisation-wide and business specific people plan outcomes.
- Bring your breadth and depth of HR generalist experience and drive the execution of our people and culture initiatives through a genuine business partnering approach.
- Provide strategic advice on all aspects of HR processes, practices, and policy.
- Coach and support leaders to identify, prioritise and build organisational capabilities, uplift performance, strengthen culture and optimise efficiencies in business delivery.
- Drive governance to ensure the management of organisational risk for employees and industrial relations.
- Lead the implementation of strategic projects and initiatives that support the people and culture strategic outcomes.
Click here to access the Role Description
Clerk Grade 11/12, salary from $134,411 - $155,445 p.a. (plus Super and annual leave loading).
- An innovative strategic thinker with excellent stakeholder management skills and analytical and influencing capabilities
- Deep and broad knowledge of HR policies, processes and practices
- Significant experience in progressive HR roles
- Sound business acumen and the ability to operate at the strategic level
- Tertiary qualifications in human resource management or equivalent experience
- Understanding of the government and public sector legislative environment is preferred but not essential
Working at The Ministry of Health
The roles are located in St Leonards, in a modern, purpose-built building within an activity-based working environment. The office boasts many great facilities and includes various types of workspaces, promoting collaboration through co-locating with other health agencies. Close to public transport, cafés and local amenities.
The Ministry of Health offers its employees challenging and rewarding work with opportunities for career progression, learning and development and work-life balance. We are an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity, wellbeing and flexible work practices and believe our people are our greatest asset!
How to apply
All applicants must review the role description and apply by submitting an up-to-date resume (up to 5 pages) and cover letter (1-2 pages) AND attach a separate response to the two target questions below
- How have you contributed to developing or implementing workforce strategy? What was the strategy, and what did you do?
- Give an example of when you have been required to research and analyse information to help solve a problem? What was the problem, what information did you research and how did you use the information to solve the problem?
Closing Date: 11:59pm, Monday 30 January 2023
For role related queries or questions contact Catherine Ladomatos on email@example.com and quote REQ371313
If you do require an adjustment during the recruitment process, contact Stephanie Nastevska on Stephanie.Nastevska@health.nsw.gov.au
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At the Ministry of Health we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which reflects the community and customers we serve. We actively promote the employment of women, people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTIQ+ community and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
If you identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and would like assistance with your application or to obtain more information on how to apply please visit The Stepping Up Initiative.
To be eligible for employment in these roles you must be an Australian citizen, or a permanent resident, or a New Zealand citizen, or hold a valid visa with permission to work in Australia.
- This recruitment may be used to create a Talent Pool for similar future roles (ongoing or temporary) that may arise over the next 18 months.
- This is a temporary role and there may be opportunities for ongoing employment at grade
- For more information on applying visit the Ministry of Health Career portal
- Please note the selection process will include a range of comparative assessment techniques to assist in determining your suitability for the role
As a provider of essential services across Australia, NSW Health plays a critical role in the community. It is our priority to ensure we provide our workforce and our community with a healthy and safe workplace environment. Considering the significant risks posed by COVID-19, the Ministry of Health expects all workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and you will be required to show proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status prior to securing this role.
Applications Close: 11:59pm, Monday 30 January 2023
- Closing Date:
- 30 Jan 2023
- NSW - St Leonards
- $134,411 - $155,445 p.a. (plus Super and annual leave loading)
- Work Type:
Executive Management/Corporate Services