Principal Advisor, Accounting Policy and Transactions
NSW Ministry of Health
Location: North Sydney
Classification & Grade: Clerk Grade 11/12
Salary Range: $118,943 - $137,557 paVacancy Type: Ongoing Full-timeVacancy Reference: REF17/52Closing Date: 27 March 2017 Role Purpose
Provide technical accounting assistance on the preparation of the Ministry of Health’s consolidated financial statements and significant complex transactions, in compliance with Australian Accounting Standards, legislation and NSW Treasury policies. The position also promotes compliance with financial reporting pronouncements through the development of guidelines and presentations for NSW Health.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to assist the Ministry of Health and its controlled entities implement Australian Accounting Standards and NSW Treasury policies in an effective and efficient manner.
You are not required to address selection criteria. Applicants are to submit a short statement (1-2 pages) in response the targeted questions visible on JobsNSW only (to provide evidence of experience against required role capabilities).
Your resume (also known as curriculum vitae or CV) is a snapshot summarising your qualifications, experience, skills and qualities. A resume needs to be clear, concise and neatly organised with content relevant to the role you are applying for, no more than 4-5 pages.
Please review Applying for a Role in the NSW Public Service for more guidance.
The successful candidate will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in accounting and full membership of a recognised Australian professional accounting body
- Demonstrated expert knowledge and understanding of Australian Accounting Standards, NSW public sector accounting requirements and financial management legislation and procedures
- Experience advising on complex financial reporting matters
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to explain complex accounting concepts in concise plain English
- Knowledge and understanding of the NSW Public Sector (desirable)
- Only Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents are eligible to apply
- All applications must be submitted on line via jobs.nsw.gov.au to be considered.
- Your application must include your response to the targeted questions, and an up to date resume/CV (targeted questions visible on JobsNSW only).
- Relevant screening checks will be conducted as well as Prior Service checks for internal applicants.
- You are advised not to delete any "Relevant Files" that you upload in the jobs.nsw application system until you know the outcome of your application, including your Resume/CV and/or Cover Letter. Doing so will result in the selection committee being unable to access your application.
- You need to demonstrate your proficiency in the capabilities described in the Role Description. These will be assessed through the recruitment process to determine your suitability for appointment. NSW Public Sector Capability Framework
- Part of the assessment process may include additional online capability testing / Work Samples in accordance with the Government Sector Employment Act; therefore you may be contacted to participate.
For an information package please click here.
Role Inquiries: Chris Schneider, Director, Financial Accounting on (02) 9461 7293