Media Director NSW HealthNorth Sydney (moving to St Leonards)Senior Executive Salary Package from $218,011 to $239,954
Key Leadership Role
The NSW Ministry of Health is the system manager for the state wide and specialist health service organisations that make up NSW Health. NSW Health cares for millions of people each year, employs more than 100,000 people and oversees a $23B investment in patient care, infrastructure, equipment, technology, research and people.
The Media Director leads a small team and provides leadership, direction and management of media engagement for the Ministry of Health and the NSW Health system.
- Delivering a high impact/high volume media service, including proactively seeking opportunities to promote the reputation of NSW Health.
- Providing strategic media advice across all platforms- print, broadcast and social media- monitoring public debate on health issues
- Producing high quality media and other communication products; including media releases, talking points, opinion pieces and developing strategies to support the organisation's objectives
- Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team, including developing and mentoring team members, managing performance, working constructively with others in a dynamic and changing environment
- Demonstrated experience of working within a media environment
- Influential experience working with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in public affairs, media, people and issues management at a senior level.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the political context in which NSW Health operates.
Please contact Deb Wilson, Principal Consultant, WilsonBrown Executive on 1300 927 696 for further information or EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the job description and how to apply.
NSW Health values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI, people with a disability and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications close: Thursday, 14 June 2018 (11.59pm)
- Applicants should note that the Ministry of Health will be relocating to St Leonards from 2020.
- The selection methods for this role are in accordance with the Government Sector Employment Act 2013 executive structure and employment arrangements for the NSW public sector.
- Applicants must respond to the targeted questions and submit an up to date resume. For further guidance, refer to Applying for a role in the NSW Public Service.
- Applicants will need to demonstrate their proficiency in the capabilities outlined in the Role Description. These will be assessed through the recruitment process to determine their suitability for appointment. For further information, refer to the NSW Public Sector Capability Framework.
- Only Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents are eligible to apply.
- Relevant standard screening checks will be undertaken following interviews e.g. National Criminal Records Checks, Service Checks, Proof of ID (100 ? point ID Checks) etc.
- Click here for information on NSW Health