Location: Western NSW Local Health District - Dubbo
Contact: Michelle Mawbey on (02) 6809 8501 or email@example.com
Purpose of Position:
- Provide clinical care to patients referred to, or requiring the care of, the Dubbo Health Service, at a level consistent with the standards expected of a Paediatrician.
- Oversee the work of assigned junior medical staff, including the adequacy of documentation, safe practice and prescribing.
- Monitor clinical indicators and outcomes and benchmark these against best practice clinical standards.
- Australian citizen or permanent resident, or eligible for sponsorship as a permanent resident.
- Current authority to practice as a Medical Practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)/Medical Board of Australia, or eligibility for same.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of Physicians or other specialist recognition as provided for in the Staff Specialist (State) Award or under the Health Insurance Act 1973.
- Competency in spoken and written English language, applicable to Australian medical practice.
- Demonstrated technical and professional competence as a Consultant Paediatrician, and in the specialty practice of Paediatric Medicine, with clinical hospital experience within the last two years.
- Demonstrated participation in, and commitment to quality assurance activities relevant to speciality; and ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated experience in clinical leadership roles.
- Commitment to equitable participation in an on-call roster with other Specialists, as required/negotiated.
Applications for this position will be received via eCredential ONLY. To apply please click this link:
Follow the Registration/Login process, Create/Update your Clinician Profile and complete the Application and Selection Criteria questions. If you experience difficulties applying, please first refer to the User Guide attached to this advertisement. Alternatively you can contact the Coordinator Medical Recruitment on 0427 010 876.
Please Note: Paper-based applications will not be accepted. Please submit via eCredential.
As a health professional, we can offer you a wide variety of work settings in regional, rural and remote areas many of which vary greatly from anything available in metropolitan health care. We are delivering a highly valued health care system to the communities in which we live and our roles often reflect innovation in service delivery. Check us out at http://ynotmakeityou.com.au/YnOT/Home.php. You can also find us on Facebook.
The Western NSW LHD provides health services to an estimated resident population of 277,768 people living in a large geographic area of 246,676 square kilometres or 31 per cent of NSW. WNSWLHD currently employ over 4,500 staff across 39 facilities.
We are committed to building a positive workplace culture based on our core NSW Health values of collaboration, openness, respect and empowerment.
Employment of a temporary visa holder may occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity Ethical Practices, the principles of Cultural Diversity and promote a smoke-free environment. Appropriate criminal record and child protection checks conducted for all positions.
All employees (except casuals) are eligible to Salary Package and participate in the Fitness Passport Program. Further information on the benefits of working with Western NSW LHD can be found here.
Western NSW LHD encourages suitably qualified Aboriginal people to apply for this position. Please visit the NSW Health Aboriginal Recruitment tool, Stepping Up.