Location: Western NSW Local Health District – Dubbo
Contact: Kanishka Kamaladasa on 02 6841 2404
Purpose of Position:
To perform, analyse and interpret echocardiography studies in a team environment, this position will be responsible for the development of the Echocardiography Service for Dubbo Health Service.
1) Current authority to practice as a Medical Radiation Practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), post graduate qualification in diagnostic ultrasound and/or cardiac ultrasound with extensive practical examination experience.
2) Demonstrated experience in service development with proven ability to develop and implement protocols and procedures pertaining to Cardiac Ultrasound.
3) Demonstrated involvement in continuing professional development.
4) Current accreditation with the Australian Sonographers Accreditation Registry (ASAR).
5) Demonstrated excellent clinical reasoning skills in the performance of complex sonographer procedures which reflect a high level of practical expertise.
6) Demonstrated high level of interpersonal communication, consultation and negotiation skills.
7) Demonstrated commitment to teaching and research.
The Western NSW LHD provides health services to an estimated resident population of 277,768 people living in a large geographic area of 246,676 square kilometres or 31 per cent of NSW. WNSWLHD currently employ over 4,500 staff across 39 facilities.
We are committed to building a positive workplace culture based on our core NSW Health values of collaboration, openness, respect and empowerment.
As a health professional, we can offer you a wide variety of work settings in regional, rural and remote areas many of which vary greatly from anything available in metropolitan health care. We are delivering a highly valued health care system to the communities in which we live and our roles often reflect innovation in service delivery. Check us out at http://ynotmakeityou.com.au/YnOT/Home.php. You can also find us on Facebook.
Employment of a temporary visa holder may occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity Ethical Practices, the principles of Cultural Diversity and promote a smoke-free environment. Appropriate criminal record and child protection checks conducted for all positions.
All employees (except casuals) are eligible to Salary Package and participate in the Fitness Passport Program. Further information on the benefits of working with Western NSW LHD can be found here.
Western NSW LHD encourages suitably qualified Aboriginal people to apply for this position. Please visit the NSW Health Aboriginal Recruitment tool, Stepping Up.
To apply online visit https://nswhealth.erecruit.com.au/ (ID 409114) or for more information contact Kanishka Kamaladasa on the above details or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to receive jobs directly to your inbox?
Subscribe to our FREE Weekly e-Bulletin and/or customised job alerts and receive the latest positions directly to your inbox.