Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Ongoing Appointment
- Full Time - 76 Hours
- Located at Alfred Health
- Managers and Administrative Worker Grade 6 (HS6)
Capital and Infrastructure is responsible for managing buildings and infrastructure and facilitating new projects according to capital development plans. This work includes site master planning, new capital projects and engineering services.
The position is responsible for the leadership and management of the program of projects identified as being “Capital and Infrastructure projects” by Alfred Health. For the purposes of this Position Description a Capital and Infrastructure Project may include some or all of the following attributes:
- All Minor and Major capital and infrastructure projects based at the Alfred Hospital
- Lead and deliver projects with a high political / high risk profile, requiring a targeted and focused attention; and or,
- Lead and deliver projects of a critical business delivery requirement
Depending on the funding source and or the procurement form, the tasks associated with this Position may include all or some of the following:
- Program management responsibilities and accountabilities for capital works, infrastructure and building projects as approved by the Alfred Executive and/or the Director of Capital and Infrastructure projects.
- Assistance with the preparation of site master plan, feasibility studies and other capital studies associated with the future development of Alfred Health sites including the development of inputs into associated business cases;
- Oversight and line management of internal and external project managers and external consultant teams related to the Alfred Projects; and
- Responsible for initiating and managing communications with internal stakeholders and areas/departments impacted by capital and infrastructure Projects.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Undergraduate qualifications in a related discipline of business, project management, construction or engineering
- Post graduate qualifications in Health Services Management, Management or Business preferred.
Skills and Experiences
- Proven leadership skills and extensive experience in a senior role involving the delivery of complex capital works programs and budgets, including the effective leadership of teams, and management of a range of diverse strategic and operational functions.
- High level skills in the selection of procurement methods, managing programs to meet scope and budget requirements within a large and complex environment.
- Highly developed analytical, conceptual, stakeholder management and project management skills.
- Highly developed understanding of asset management policies and practices as they relate to government capital works projects.
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills and the ability to negotiate independently on sensitive and complex issues within Alfred Health and external agencies.
- Proven track record in capital planning and project delivery, preferably in a health care context.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and strong communications skills.
- Interpersonal skills conducive to effectively working with colleagues, motivating and managing staff to better performance, and the capacity to drive projects and initiatives to deliver successful outcomes.
- Ability to take the initiative, to think creatively and logically and to solve problems and make decisions.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and high level negotiation skills.
- Customer focussed.
- Team player.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Staff Parking
- Child Care Services
- On-Site Gym
For enquireis please contact Jenny Walsh Executive Director Strategy & Planning on 03 9076 8834 or Jenny.Walsh@alfred.org.au
Interview's will be conducted Monday 10th October 2022
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.