The Department of Health and Human Services delivers a comprehensive range of health services on behalf of the Victorian Government in many different locations across the State, including hospitals, primary health services, aged care and mental health services.
The Infrastructure Planning and Delivery Branch has responsibility for the health portfolio’s state-wide asset base (around $24 billion) and provides a system wide approach to enabling infrastructure across the short, medium and long term horizons. A capital budget of $3bn is currently approved, applied at approximately $500m - $600 per annum.
Assistant Director, Planning and Development: DHHS seeks to appoint a strategic leader with senior health experience to lead development of service planning informing master planning of health infrastructure in close collaboration with key stakeholders across Victoria’s health system and their Assistant Director partners in the Branch.
Reporting to the Director, Infrastructure Planning and Delivery, the successful applicant for this position will need:
- Extensive knowledge of the health service system and factors influencing health policy
- A clear understanding of corporate governance and accountability, political environments and decision-making processes within large organisations, including government
- Strategic, conceptual and analytical thinking skills as well as a degree of financial acumen
- A progressive leadership style, committed to building capacity in others
- Ability to assemble and support a strong and effective team
- Ability to build and sustain relationships and connect with others on multiple levels
- Skills in consultation, facilitation, negotiation, conflict resolution, problem solving, executive stakeholder engagement , Intersectoral collaboration and partnership arrangements
- Highly-developed communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to lead programs and ensure project timelines and objectives are achieved
If you believe you have the experience and leadership capability to meet these criteria, then we would like to talk to you about this position.
Before applying: obtain selection documentation at http://hardygroupintl.com/web/careers.php?search_id=987
For a confidential discussion, contact Paul Ingle, Principal Search Consultant on +61 402 796 125 email@example.com or Kate Wallwork, Senior Search Consultant on +61 410 052 125 firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 28th April 2017 I REF: H17_2501
For more information about the Department of Health and Human Services visit www.dhhs.vic.gov.au
To apply online and for other DHHS and Victorian Government job opportunities please visit www.careers.vic.gov.au
Police Checks form part of the Department of Health and Human Services recruitment process.
The department promotes diversity and equal opportunity in employment and is committed to a more diverse workforce.
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicant, or if you have a disability, and require advice and support with the recruitment process, please contact our Diversity Unit on DiversityInclusion@dhhs.vic.gov.au