Team Leader – Home Support Services
Band 6: $80,183.71 - $ 86,765.37
An exciting opportunity is open within the Whitehorse City Council Home and Community Services Department for a Team Leader – Home Support Services.
Whitehorse City Council supports consumers over 65 approved for Commonwealth Home Support Programme and Home Care Packages and consumers under 65 eligible for Home & Community Care Program for Younger People.
This position will be responsible for managing the Staff Support Officer and Support Workers as they work in partnership with consumers delivering supports and services in the community.
As the Team Leader - Home Support Services at Whitehorse City Council you will:
• Providing management, leadership, coordination and support to the Staff Support Officers and the large team of Support Workers they supervise.
• To enhance the consumer experience by managing flexible and responsive services that focus on consumer needs with an emphasis on capacity building, wellness, re-ablement and social inclusion.
• Work in conjunction with all program areas to increase interrelations and collaboration between programs to enhance consumer and service outcomes.
Whitehorse City Council Home and Community Services department has a long standing and strong working relationship with consumers, their carers and key staff involved in their care. The Team Leader – Home Support Services will work towards maintaining and further strengthening the team in delivering quality services within the person-centred, capacity building approach.
To be successful in the role you will have:
1. Tertiary qualification in Health, Social Science, or related field and relevant demonstrated experience in leading a large team of staff
2. Strong knowledge of the HACC and the CHSP and HCP and an understanding of issues confronting older people and people with a disability.
3. The ability to manage staff in the delivery of outcomes, including the ability to ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
4. Strong computer skills including proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite, databases and knowledge of Industry based systems such as Carelink+ and My Aged Care
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to gain the cooperation of, and obtain information from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
For further information please contact Sharyn Davey-Sharman or Stephanie Berton (Monday, Wednesday & Thursday) on 9262 6110. Applications must address the key selection criteria contained in the position description. Applications close Friday, 2 February 2018.