- Do you want to make a difference?
- Do you want to help improve health for Australians
- Join our dedicated team at CSIRO's Future Science Platforms
CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowships provide scientists and engineers opportunities to launch their careers, extend their professional networks and enhance their career prospects. As a Postdoctoral Fellow with CSIRO’s Future Science Platform Probing Biosystems you will join a multidisciplinary team.
Specifically you will:
- Carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Collaborate with different teams across CSIRO towards achieving the goals of Probing Biosystems
- Undertake regular reviews of relevant literature and patents.
- Produce high quality scientific papers suitable for publication in quality journals.
- Prepare appropriate conference papers and present those at conferences
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation
Locations: Herston, Brisbane, QLD
Salary: $78K to $88K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 3 years
Ref No.: 32504
To be considered you will have
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD*) in Biomedical Engineering or Applied Physics
- Research experience in biomedical engineering, health or medical research
- Experience with analytical methods of physiological and clinical reporting in relation to clinical diagnoses and monitoring
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary research team, plus the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research.
*To be appointed candidates must have submitted their PhD by the time they commence, if a PhD has not been conferred.
Australia is founding its future on science and innovation. Its national science agency, the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), is a powerhouse of ideas, technologies and skills for building prosperity, growth, health and sustainability. It serves governments, industries, business and communities.
About the Future Science Platforms
Future Science Platforms (FSPs) are a major new CSIRO initiative and are multi-year investments in frontier science that will help reinvent and create new industries for Australia.
Australia is a stable, democratic and culturally diverse nation with a highly skilled workforce and one of the strongest performing economies in the world. With a spectacular natural environment, high quality of life and great diversity Australia is a sought after destination. Find out more About Australia.
How to Apply:
Please apply on line by clicking the Apply button and please provide enough relevant information to enable the Selection Panel to determine your suitability. Upload your CV/resume and cover letter as one document (in MS Word).
Applications perferred by 11:59 PM AEST Sunday 19th February 2017
Previous applicants need not reapply, your application is still being assessed
Click on the Position Details link to view the contact details and selection criteria for this position Biomedical Engineering in Innovative Physiological Monitoring