- Do you have a degree or experience in nutrition and dietetics?
- Do you have well developed nutrition counselling skills as well as great communication skills?
- Join this small and dedicated team and support the delivery of dietetic services to project leaders
The role of Research Projects staff in CSIRO is to collaborate in scientific activities with other research staff usually by assisting with detailed planning, undertaking or assisting with experimental and observational work, and in carrying out the more practical aspects of the work.
The role of the Research Dietitian within CSIRO Health & Biosecurity is to provide specialised project support as part of the Clinical Research Units dietetics capability. The successful applicant will have well developed nutrition counselling skills and the ability to communicate with stakeholders of the Clinical Research Unit. The applicant will support the delivery of dietetic services to project leaders requiring nutrition support for clinical trials.
As a member of a small and dedicated Clinical Research team, the applicant will need to demonstrate high levels of technical ability, initiative and communication.
The position is offered on a full-time basis, however part-time in a job share arrangement will be strongly considered.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Implement experimental dietary protocols as per defined study intervention strategies.
- Contribute to the counselling and monitoring of participants within the study to enhance protocol compliance.
- Receive and enter data for comprehensive dietary records from study participants.
- Contribute a practical view on review of study delivery models for future delivery
- Conduct online database searches for foods for food profiling.
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Salary: $59K - $75K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be successful you will need:
- A relevant Bachelors/Masters Degree &/or equivalent experience in Nutrition and Dietetics;
- Demonstrated knowledge in and/or knowledge of experimental research design.
- Demonstrated skill with dietary analysis packages and dietary intake assessment.
- 2-5 years experience in clinical nutrition and/or lifestyle research.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
How to Apply: Please upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter providing enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details document
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, 21 May 2017.