- Can you carry out innovative, impactful research into Low Emission Technologies?
- Do you have experience in chromatography and mass spectrometry systems?
- Join CSIRO Energy and enhance the value of Australia's energy resources.
CSIRO Energy are seeking to appoint a motivated Experimental Scientist to assist with research into the development of new processes for the gasification of solid fuels and wastes. The role will also involve work into the production of clean hydrogen fuel.
Specifically you will:
- Assist with the design and assembly of high-pressure, high-temperature prototype fuel processing systems
- Prepare materials, for example, catalysts, membranes and adsorbents, for fuel processing reactions, and develop analytical chemistry techniques to support our ongoing client-focused technology development work in waste conversion via thermochemical routes.
- Develop chemical solutions and processes for electroplating in support of the team's metal membrane R&D, as well as play an important role in the manufacturing of membranes for our industry demonstration projects.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
Location: Pullenvale, QLD
Salary: $59K - $75K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 3 year term
To be successful you will need:
- A minimum qualification of Bachelor degree in Science or related field
- Experience with instrumental techniques for chemical analyses, including gas chromatography, mass spectrometry, nuclear magnetic resonance and x-ray diffraction
- Hands-on experience with the operation and maintenance of novel experimental apparatus used to study fundamental aspects of industrial processes or technology development activities
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary research team, and carry out tasks under general direction from Scientific Researchers.
- The ability & willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of scientific investigations.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
How to Apply: Please upload one document only that includes both your cover letter and CV/Resume, ensuring that you provide enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability for this role.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, 20 August 2017
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.