- Are you experienced in Bioinformatics workflows?
- Offering outstanding career development and professional support
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO is looking to appoint a Research Projects Officer who will provide bioinformatics, organisational and database integration support for the Australian Microbiome project.
The Australian Microbiome project (https://data.bioplatforms.com/organization/about/australian-microbiome) collects, analyses and makes available microbiome data from Australian environmental samples (terrestrial, marine).
Find out more by viewing the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Under the direction of Australian Microbiome (AM) leadership group, carry out bioinformatics and databasing workflows to assist the AM project.
- Document workflows and workflow progress using interactive and online methods.
- Attend regular meetings with AM project leadership group and various AM project data management teams.
- Communicate workflow progress to AM project via project management officers.
Location: Hobart, TAS
Salary: $80K - $91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Term of 3 years
To be successful you will need:
- A degree in science or computing science or relevant work experience.
- Experience in analysis of DNA sequence data.
- Experience with Linux operating systems.
- Understanding of the importance of version control and workflow documentation systems as they pertain to large, multi-disciplinary teams.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load your CV and cover letter (Maximum 2MB) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/. You may also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, 24 August 2018