- Have an interest in scientific problems that arise in Health Systems Analytics?
- Use your skills & make an impact on national and international health policy
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO Health & Biosecurity is seeking to appoint a Research Scientist in Health Intelligence. This position represents an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated scientist to join the Health Systems Analytics group either in Melbourne or Brisbane.
In this position you will contribute to multiple projects in the area of Health System Analytics and apply skills such as statistical modelling, machine learning, simulation, and optimisation towards improving productivity and efficiency, informing treatment effectiveness, predictive modelling and risk stratification, workforce planning and implementation evaluation of new care models
Your duties will include:
- Incorporate innovative approaches to scientific investigations by adapting and/or developing original concepts and ideas for new, existing and further research.
- Health data analytics and modelling to support evidence-based healthcare, and improved productivity, safety and quality.
- Develop quantitative methodology and/or adapt existing methods in novel and creative ways to meet the group’s research objectives.
Location: Herston QLD or Parkville VIC
Salary: AU$95k- AU$103k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate in a relevant discipline area, such as statistics, applied mathematics, machine learning, data science, operations research, computer science, or engineering.
- A strong track record in solving real world scientific problems, conducting trials and evaluations of interventions.
- Ability to develop new methods to solve applied statistical/health data analytics/health system problems.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Applications Close: 18 November 2018