- Develop software solutions to tackle issues of clinical and other health data.
- Support Australian and international e-Health programmes.
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated software engineer in our Health Data Engineering team. The Australian e-Health Research Centre (AEHRC - http://aehrc.com/) is a world-class centre undertaking research and development across health and biomedical informatics and health services. As the software engineer, you will work with a team of dedicated digital health scientists and engineers to develop full-stack solutions with modern Web and Mobile Technologies as well as standards like FHIR and SNOMED. You will work across multiple projects to deliver full-stack solutions with a bias to UI development.
This is a great opportunity to work in a leading government organisation which is engaged in world-class scientific research projects and offers excellent career development and professional support. You will have a unique opportunity to translate their research into practice with impact on both Australian and international e-Health programmes.
Your duties will include:
- Working with clients, CSIRO researchers and software engineers to deliver projects in developing software solutions to tackle issues in the collection, integration and analysis of clinical and other health data.
- Developing and maintaining high-quality software in accordance with industry best practices and organisational guidelines.
- Contributing to the management and administration of operational business systems, web sites and associated infrastructure both on-prem and in cloud.
- Communicating project outcomes through support documentation, demonstrations and presentations.
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Salary: AU$98k – AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline such as Computer Science or equivalent field.
- Experience in working with clients to lead a project from concept to delivery.
- Experience in database administration and maintenance and writing reports.
- Demonstrated experience applying agile development practices across the full software development life cycle (requirements gathering, software design, programming, testing and documentation).
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as demonstrable evidence of self-organisation, including meeting demanding deadlines and responding creatively and rapidly to new requirements.
For more information please view the Position Description.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Wednesday, 8th July 2020 at 11:59 AEST