- Get hands-on experience in a leading national digital health research facility
- Access CSIRO's world-class resources and personnel
- Build fundamental skills for a future career in digital health research and beyond
- Apply for a CSIRO Vacation Scholarship today!
Our Undergraduate Vacation Scholarships are run over the Australian summer holidays and offer high achieving and promising undergraduate students the opportunity to collaborate with leading CSIRO scientists in our world class facilities.
Students will contribute to real-world information and technology solutions to improve health services and clinical treatment for Australians. Placements are full time and are between 8- and 12-weeks duration between late November 2020 to mid-February 2021 (although there may be some flexibility). Students will be mentored by leading scientists and engineers in digital health research, and gain access to extensive domestic and international clinical collaborators.
Participation in the Vacation Scholarship Program has influenced previous scholarship holders in their choice of further study and enhanced their future career options. Many have gone on to pursue a PhD in CSIRO or to build a successful research career within CSIRO, a university or industry.
At the Australian e-Health Research Centre we, along with our partners at Queensland Health, have assembled strong multidisciplinary research teams to tackle major national and international health challenges and drive the future of digital health. As part of CSIROs Health & Biosecurity, we’re protecting the health of our environment, people, and way of life. For more information please see our websites at AEHRC and Health and Biosecurity (link).
Projects: The Australian e-Health Research Centre, Health and Biosecurity, have 16 projects available, for details please see the project list (link to Excel file)
Location: Various (refer to list of projects above for specific details)
Scholarship: $1,559.85 per fortnight
To be eligible to apply you must be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or an international student who has full work rights for the 8 to 12 weeks duration (does not require visa sponsorship).
Vacation scholarships are open to students who:
- are currently enrolled at an Australian university;
- have completed at least three years of a full-time undergraduate course (however exceptional second year students may be considered);
- have a strong academic record (credit average or higher); and
- Intend to go on to honours and/or postgraduate study.
To apply for a Vacation Scholarship you will be required to:
- submit a Resume/CV and Cover Letter (as one document) in the ‘Resume/CV’ field which includes:
- the reasons why the research project/s you have selected are of interest to you and how your skills/knowledge meet the project requirements; and
- an outline of your longer-term career aspirations and how this program will help you achieve them.
- upload your academic results in the ‘Cover Letter’ field;
- in the ‘Education’ section select your university from the Educational Institute list;
- in the ‘Job-Specific Information’ section select your preferred research projects in order of preference; and your Grade Point Average (GPA).
If you experience difficulties applying online call 1300 984 220 and someone will be able to assist you. Outside business hours please email: email@example.com.
Diversity and Inclusion
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
Monday 3 August 2020, 11:00pm AEST