- Do you have a PhD in cell signalling and/or cell biology?
- Work with a multidisciplinary team to understand more about the effects of space travel on the human body
- Join the CSIRO Manufacturing Team and be part of our Space Technology platform
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years of relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system.
The postdoctoral fellow will work as part of a team funded by the CSIRO Space Technology Future Science Platform. The overall project seeks to measure cellular responses in microgravity using miniaturised optical devices incorporating light stimulation and light detection instrumentation.
Your duties will include:
- Genetically engineering cells to include light responsive elements and reporters.
- Developing methods to grow mammalian cells in miniaturized devices under extreme conditions
- Undertaking regular reviews of relevant literature and patents.
- Producing high quality scientific reports suitable for publication in quality journals, for client reports and patent applications.
Location: Clayton, Victoria
Salary: AU$86k - AU$94k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as cell signalling and/or cell biology.
Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or part-time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Demonstrated experience in molecular biology, genetic modification of cells, cell culture methods and fluorescence microscopy.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary research team, plus the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research.
- High level written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research team effectively internally and externally, including the presentation of research outcomes at national and international conferences.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Applicants must be Australian/New Zealand citizens, Australian permanent residents or Australian temporary residents currently residing in Australia and be able to commence in the role as soon as possible and no later than December 2020/January 2021.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
14 August 2020, 11:00pm AEST