CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship - AI for Lung Imaging Analysis - [Archived Advertisement]
CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship - AI for Lung Imaging Analysis
- Apply your expertise in medical image analysis to help improve patient outcomes
- Work with an international team of experts at the Australian e-Health Research Centre
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science and innovation organisation
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years of relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system.
This CERC Postdoctoral Fellowship represents an exciting opportunity to advance your research career and join CSIRO's Medical Image Analysis team, part of our Biomedical Informatics group. Working within the Australian e-Health Research Centre, CSIRO Health and Biosecurity and Queensland Hospital and Health services, you will be part of an international, multidisciplinary team with expertise in: paediatric and adult respiratory medicine; magnetic resonance imaging; and medical image analysis. You will conduct novel, world class research aimed at the development of methods to acquire, extract and validate information from magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography of the lung in patients with ataxia telangiectasia and cystic fibrosis.
More specifically you will:
- Carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific and clinical outcomes.
- Develop innovative concepts and ideas for assessing MR images of paediatric lung that utilise functional and structural imaging.
- Design and conduct research studies, including data collection and analysis of existing and new data.
- Support the supervision of PhD students and vacation work students.
- Maintain confidentiality with regards to collection and storage of sensitive personal information.
- Communicate results in high quality journals, conferences and client reports.
- Support the drafting of patents to protect IP as needed and contributing writing of research grants as required.
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Salary: AU$86k - AU$94k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as medical image analysis or computer vision.
Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or part-time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Demonstrated performance in developing, implementing and validating new medical image analysis algorithms with strong skills in analytical thinking.
- Competency in Python and/or C++ and software development processes and environments (for example MS Visual Studio, gcc, CMake, git).
- Demonstrated competence and experience in problem solving and application of knowledge, as evidenced by publications and research experience.
- The ability to work effectively within a clinical environment and as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, plus motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research.
- A record of science innovation and creativity, plus the ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent + Working with Children/Vulnerable People Clearance (Blue Card)
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
11 April 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 11 Apr 2021
- QLD - Brisbane
- AU$86k - AU$94k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: