Research Director, Biomedical Manufacturing - [Archived Advertisement]
Research Director, Biomedical Manufacturing
- Biomedical Manufacturing Research Program leadership role
- Strategic development of research projects
- Significant opportunity to contribute to CSIRO strategy
Following a recent strategic review CSIRO is seeking to appoint a new Research Director to lead the Biomedical Manufacturing Research Program which leads a team of approximately 90 multi-disciplinary scientists and operational staff who are located across multiple sites. Reporting to the Director the Research Director must be a strategic and collaborative science leader who has demonstrated commitment to progressing inclusion and promoting diversity. They will form part of the Manufacturing Leadership Team and be accountable for the delivery of specific elements of the Business Unit’s overall impact, science and financial objectives as well as the ongoing development of its strategy.
The Research Director works as part of the cohesive and collegial Leadership Team to realise the Business Unit’s vision and works collaboratively with other Research Directors and researchers across the broader organisation in developing an agenda for tackling the nation’s greatest challenges.
Your duties will include:
- Sustain and enhance the R&D culture of science excellence, creativity, innovation and flexibility
- Ensure that the Program’s science is globally competitive and addresses meaningful problems in the market
- In consultation with research partners and research users, lead the science strategy and build capacity to innovate for science discovery
- Identify new opportunities and markets in Australia and overseas, and engage key stakeholders and clients to build support for investment in opportunities
- Build the long?term science capability to support the delivery of the Program’s research and impact, including forecasting demand, monitoring science trends and stakeholder needs, and building a high-performance culture
- Build strategic relationships within the organisation to execute CSIRO’s strategy and Manufacturing BU’s strategy, including fostering mobility and cross?Business Unit deployment of staff, and developing productive relationships
- Lead and manage the Program’s financial resources, people, infrastructure and other assets to ensure their effective, sustainable and efficient
Location: Clayton (MEL)
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Doctorate and/or equivalent research experience in chemistry, biology, bioengineering, or other relevant life-science discipline area combined with significant research leadership experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and excellence in a relevant field of research, as demonstrated by an international research reputation and credibility, and with a strong track record of uptake, adoption and impact delivered to industry and other end users
- Led large multi?disciplinary teams across several science areas and/or geographic locations
- Developed, implemented and successfully delivered a portfolio of relevant research, including financial and risk management
- Involvement in strategic planning and implementation of change
- Demonstrated experience in growing, reshaping and revitalising a capability area
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Applications are open to Australian citizens and residents with existing work rights.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
16 April 2021, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 16 Apr 2021
- VIC - Clayton
- Work Type:
Executive Management/Corporate Services