Biochemist Research Scientist - [Archived Advertisement]
Biochemist Research Scientist
- Drive the scientific direction of biochemical assay development projects
- Establish assay protocols for screening projects
- Flexible work arrangements - Achieve the right balance for you!
CSIRO’s Manufacturing Business Unit brings together multi-disciplinary scientific and engineering capabilities using world-class infrastructure to partner with industry in order to develop innovative products and processes to allow Australian manufacturers to be globally competitive and environmentally sustainable. The Biomedical Manufacturing Research Program works with biomedical companies to deliver new medical treatments and technologies that benefit millions of people in Australia and overseas, helping them live longer, healthier, and more productive lives.
As the Biochemist, you will be a senior research scientist with deep knowledge and experience in Biochemistry and a proven track record in leading the scientific direction of biochemical assay development projects, whilst adhering to health and safety guidelines and safe working practices.
Your duties will include:
- Designing biochemical assay development and screening protocols
- Establishing of new assay protocols for in-house and external screening projects
- Design and development of data management systems
- Lead application of robotics platforms for a range of assays
- Management and project leadership of screening projects
- Collaborate with medicinal chemists in managing high throughput screening programs and triaging, identifying and prioritising hit compounds from high throughput screening data
- Design project assay screening cascades
- Communicate results and strategies to external clients as required
- Within broad guidelines, formulate, develop and complete an approved research program with general direction as to the aims of their activities
Location: Clayton, Melbourne
Salary: AU$115k – AU$135k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- A PhD in a relevant area such as Pharmacology or Biology, with ideally more than
- 10 years postdoctoral research experience in preclinical drug discovery.
- An established track record of publications and / or patent inventorship in biochemical assay development.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in assay design and development, screening campaigns and follow-up testing to support preclinical drug discovery programs.
- Proven experience in the interpretation of a wide variety of biochemical and biophysical data.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of screening data.
- Extensive experience in robotics platforms for screening.
- Experience in the preclinical drug discovery in anticancer, antiviral or antimicrobial fields is desirable as is experience in identification of new drug targets and/or development of novel assays for new drug targets.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
22 August 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 22 Aug 2021
- VIC - Clayton
- AU$115k – AU$135k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time