Research Scientist Medicinal Chemistry - [Archived Advertisement]
Research Scientist Medicinal Chemistry
- Lead the scientific direction of medicinal chemistry projects
- Work with leading international scientist using state of the art technology & equipment
- Flexible work arrangements! Achieve the right balance for you
CSIRO’s Manufacturing Business Unit brings together multi-disciplinary scientific and engineering capabilities using world-class infrastructure to partner with industry to develop innovative products and processes to allow Australian manufacturers to be globally competitive and environmentally sustainable. The Biomedical Manufacturing Research Program works with biomedical companies to deliver new medical treatments and technologies that benefit millions of people in Australia and overseas, helping them live longer, healthier, and more productive lives.
As the Senior Research Scientist in Medicinal Chemistry, you will apply your knowledge and experience to lead the scientific direction of medicinal chemistry projects, while following health and safety guidelines and safe working practices.
Your duties will include:
- Design and conduct scientific experiments in the lab to create and refine target molecules
- Assist in managing high throughput screening programs and triaging, identifying and prioritising hit compounds from high throughput screening data
- Design project assay screening cascades and compound selection for downstream assays
- Analyse activity, property and pharmacokinetic data using modern medicinal chemistry principles and use findings to optimise hit molecules into candidates suitable for in vivo experiments
- Develop strategies and programs of work around hit to lead and lead optimisation campaigns
- Assist in developing novel IP position and writing patents
- Communicate results and strategies to external clients as required
- Act as a trusted advisor, utilising knowledge of client’s business and understanding of their underlying needs.
- Within broad guidelines, use professional expertise, knowledge of other disciplines and research experience/achievement to formulate, develop and complete an approved research program with general direction as to the aims of their activities
Location: Clayton, Victoria
Salary: AU$115k – AU$135k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- A PhD in a relevant area such as Organic, Pharmaceutical or Medicinal Chemistry, ideally with at least 10 years relevant postdoctoral research experience.
- An established track record of publications and / or patent inventorship in medicinal chemistry.
- Demonstrated experience in the progression of medicinal chemistry programs from initial screening through lead optimisation to candidate selection.
- Proven experience in the interpretation of a wide variety of biochemical, biophysical and pharmacokinetic data.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of computational chemoinformatic data visualisation methods to analyse large data sets such as project SAR and screening data. Ability to use this data to rationalise trends and formulate appropriate courses of action.
- Experience in the generation of leads into novel IP space through the use of published data is desirable, as is experience in the design and preparation of chemical biology tools to support the biological interrogation of mechanism of action.
- Experience in the development and optimisation of synthetic methods to allow the efficient production of analogues and the late stage introduction of chemical diversity would be an advantage, as would experience in the use of x-ray data in computational methods for structure based drug design.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additional integrity checks may be required for specific roles which require security clearance for working with children, Australian Government cybersecurity requirements or other identified security roles.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
22 August 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 22 Aug 2021
- VIC - Clayton
- AU$115k – AU$135k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time