Proficiency Testing Officer
Proficiency Testing Officer
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the areas that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Hit the ground running in this dynamic and challenging role
- Support the ACDP’s diagnostic and research capability
- Help protect Australia’s livestock and other animals from disease outbreaks
The Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness (ACDP) is seeking an experienced scientist who will assist with the production, quality assurance testing and distribution of proficiency testing and diagnostic reagents to a large range of external clients. As a Proficiency Testing Officer with the ACDP, you will contribute to the Diagnosis, Surveillance and Response Program which provides diagnostic and research capability for the investigation of emergency diseases affecting livestock and other animals. In this key role, you will also contribute to the analysis and reporting of proficiency testing results, for both national and international proficiency testing schemes.
The appointee must be able to meet AAHL’s microbiological security and security assessment requirements.
Your duties will include:
- Organising, preparing and dispatching proficiency testing samples, reagents and reference material for serology and molecular diagnostic testing.
- Operating under and helping to maintain the laboratory’s quality assurance and accreditation.
- Assisting in the analyses of proficiency testing results and writing of reports for participating laboratories.
- Investigating and resolving complex problems.
- Prioritising competing priorities to ensure customer requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Abiding by and promoting ACDP Biorisk Management regulations.
Location: Geelong, Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness (ACDP), Victoria
Salary: AU$87k - AU$98k pa (pro-rata for part-time) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years, full-time
To be considered you will need:
- A tertiary degree in Biological Science and/or equivalent experience in laboratory diagnostic testing.
- Recent experience administering Proficiency Testing programs under ISO 17043.
- Experience in the requirements for quality assurance and quality systems in diagnostic testing.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and team skills, with the ability to engage professionally with technical staff and external clients.
- Experience working in a PC3 laboratory environment.
For full details about this role please view the Position Details
- Applications are open to Australian Citizens only.
- The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Clearance or equivalent, and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply online and provide a CV and cover letter outlining your motivations for applying and your suitability for the role, paying particular attention to the requirements outlined in the Position Details.
Thursday 26 May, 2022 (11pm AEDT)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
- Closing Date:
- 26 May 2022
- VIC - Geelong
- AU$87k - AU$98k pa (pro-rata for part-time) plus up to 15.4% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time