Support Worker Level 1
When life speeds up and becomes more complicated we yearn for simple things, like time, a sense of connection, stability, belonging to a community. We’ve had a good close up look and reckon that this is what Clarence Valley can deliver to your life and your family.
So, if you want what others have - that’s great. But just maybe we’re what you need.
Either way it really can’t hurt to check what living in the Clarence is all about.... right!
Clarence Valley Council has reputation in the community for providing quality service and this is a credit to the teamwork, dedication and skill of our employees. We value our employees and provide a progressive, rewarding and flexible working environment.
So... come join us in the Clarence Valley where we work, rest & play!
Checkout about living in the Clarence Valley here.
What you need to know...
- permanent part time - minimum of 30 hours per fortnight
- salary - $22.58 - $24.66 per hour, plus superannuation
- location - Grafton & Maclean
- national criminal history check will be required
- working with children check will be required
- require a NDIS worker orientation module certificate
About the role
Clarence Care + Support offers a wide range of services for people who are ageing and people on a NDIS package who need support in their homes and in the community. Support Workers provide these services and work directly with our customers. We offer high quality services and we need a number of permanent part time staff to build our teams as demand for our services grow. Positions are available based in Maclean and Grafton so if you live in any of these areas or the surrounding villages have a look at the position description. Orientation and support is conducted for the first 2 weeks with ongoing training programs to build skills. So if working with people and helping them to achieve their goals in life is your prime purpose then consider a role with Clarence Care + Support.
Download the position description here.
Karen Waterhouse, Senior Programs Coordinator (Home Care) on (02) 6645 0275.
Monday, 3 February 2020 at 11.30 pm (NSW time) daylight saving time.
Other important information
To be eligible to apply for this position you will be required to complete the NDIS Worker Orientation Module and will be required to attach the certificate to your application. If this has not been attached you will be unable to submit your application. Please complete this module here:https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/training-course
In accordance with the requirement for "Working with Children' anyone starting a new, paid job in child-related work must apply for the Working with Children Check (WWCC). This is a requirement for this position and it is the responsibility of the successful applicant to have undertaken the WWCC and the 'Clearance to Work with Children' provided to Council prior to commencement. For further information on how to apply please refer to: https://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/
Preferred applicants for this position will be required to undergo a Criminal History Check.
A probation period applies to this position.
How to apply:
- All applications must be lodged online via Council's website www.clarence.nsw.gov.au.
- Once you start your online application you cannot save and return later.
- You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document, and then copy and paste into the fields below.
- Attachments such as certificates and licences must be combined into one document before you attach them to your application.
- You must use your own email address and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with Council.
- For further information about the selection process including tips on how to address the selection criteria please refer to the Careers page on the Clarence Valley Council website.
For this application you will be required to supply a resume and relevant certificates and licences.
Council is an EEO employer and indigenous people are encouraged to apply.