Data Manager (Parental Leave Cover) - [Archived Advertisement]
Burnet Institute (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Leading not-for-profit
- Generous salary packaging options
- Parental leave cover position
- 0.8 - 1 FTE position
Burnet Institute is a leading Australian medical research and public health organisation focused on achieving better health for vulnerable communities in Australia and internationally by accelerating the translation of research, discovery and evidence into sustainable health solutions. The Institute is headquartered in Melbourne with programs that operate across Asia, the Pacific and in Africa.
Burnet’s culture links innovative discovery-oriented research and implementation research with development and humanitarian action. World-class laboratory and field-based research is integrated into multidisciplinary programs aimed at the prevention, detection and treatment of diseases of global significance. This unique approach allows the Institute to make a tangible and sustainable impact on health in both developed and developing countries.
The Institute has three major thematic programs – Disease Elimination, Behaviours and Health Risk, and Maternal and Child Health, and two expansion programs – Healthy Ageing and Health Security. Staff within these Programs are supported by cross-cutting communities of practice; the disciplines of Life Sciences, Public Health and International Development.
The Data Manager is responsible for providing research support to several Public Health projects within the institute. This position will support and facilitate research outcomes by developing, maintaining and improving the electronic data systems and processes within our research and data governance. The role requires the capability and extensive understanding of data management to advise and provide support to researchers, enabling clinical research data to be collected, managed and reported clearly, accurately and securely.
This position is a parental leave cover position for a 12 month period at between 0.8-1 FTE.
Refer to the attached position description for full details.
The successful applicant will have:
- Degree in information systems, computing or science or other equivalent studies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to engage professionally with stakeholders
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, including being able to manage multiple activities simultaneously in support of various projects
- Capacity to work well under minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to advise project teams and key stakeholders on data management and data reporting
- Experience with health related data
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience in using STATA or other programming languages (R, Python)
- Experience with EDC tools, such as REDCap (preferable)
Benefit from ongoing support, a monthly accrued day off (for full time staff) and attractive salary packaging working for this leading not-for-profit organisation. Remuneration will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Burnet Institute is committed to providing our people with a supportive working environment. We value diversity and gender equity at the institute and provide flexible working arrangements for our staff. Burnet is participating in the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Pilot of the Athena SWAN Charter in Australia.
HOW TO APPLY
CLICK HERE to apply for this position. You will need to attach the following documents as part of your application:
- Statement addressing the selection criteria (as outlined above and in the attached position description)
- Resume including the names and contact details of three referees
Applications close Sunday 22nd September 2019 at 11:59pm AEST
Burnet is a child safe organisation. The successful applicant will be required to apply for a Working with Children check and/or National Police Check.
- Closing Date:
- 22 Sep 2019
- VIC - Melbourne
- $82,000-$88,000 per annum
- Work Type:
- Full Time