Great opportunity for an early-career post-doctoral scientist, which will allow the development of skills in microbiology, molecular biology and/or pathogen genomics.
- 2-year contract from commencement
- Based in Papua New Guinea
- Excellent research opportunities
- $69,717 - $93,159 + 17% super
WHAT YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH IN THE ROLE
The Postdoctoral Research Fellow will contribute to, and assist in, the coordination of, an exciting new project on Understanding the establishment and persistence of community associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (CA-MRSA) in Papua New Guinea. This project is funded by a National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Ideas Grant.
You will be seconded full-time to the Papua New Guinea Institute of Medical Research (PNGIMR) Infection and Immunity Unit in Goroka. PNGIMR is a respected research institution with a strong focus on infectious diseases. Click here for more information about PNGIMR
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE ROLE
As a talented and motivated postdoctoral scientist, you will have a PhD microbiology, molecular biology or a related discipline and can demonstrate experience in molecular biology approaches (PCR, Sanger sequence analysis). With the ability to work independently in a professional, ethical and culturally sensitive manner, you will bring excellent research publication record relative to opportunity in related discipline.
This position offers great opportunity for an early-career post-doctoral scientist, which will allow the development of skills in microbiology, molecular biology and/or pathogen genomics.
JCU offers a culturally diverse working environment and prides itself on being dedicated to teaching, learning and research that is not only of high quality, but also delivers practical benefits to the peoples and industries of the region.
We support our people through the provision of:
- generous superannuation scheme with 17% employer contributions
- ongoing professional and career development
- five weeks annual recreation leave
- cash out annual leave and time in lieu options
- attractive options for salary packaging
- 36.25 hour working week,
- flexible work options available
- employee Assistance Program
- relocation and accommodation assistance provided
- access to online media subscriptions
- corporate discount on health insurance
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit the careers at JCU website and apply for vacancy 17989
For more information, please contact Associate Professor Paul Horwood on (07) 4781 6106 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org