Job Number: 623986
Location: Epworth Healthcare, Richmond
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: 6-month fixed-term appointment
Remuneration: $70,912 - $81,454 pa HEW Level 05 (plus 10% employer superannuation)
- Provide a variety of high-quality research services to support operations
- Opportunity to influence change through research
- Take your career in exciting, rewarding directions
There’s a certain feeling you get from working at Monash University. It’s the feeling that you’re a part of something special. Something significant. So if you’re looking for the next chapter in your career, it’s here. You’ll be given the opportunity to challenge yourself, build on your skills, and make a significant contribution to a workplace that’s filled with energetic and inspiring people. Talent thrives here – and so do truly satisfying careers.
The aim of the Monash-Epworth Rehabilitation Research Centre is to conduct ethical, innovative and internationally competitive research investigating outcomes and the effectiveness of intervention programs for individuals with brain injury or orthopaedic injury sustained as a result of trauma, with the ultimate aim of maximising their functional, psychological and social outcomes.
The Monash-Epworth Rehabilitation Research Centre has an exciting opportunity for a Research Officer to provide support for ongoing research projects within the research unit. The key components of the work will involve clinical interview, cognitive assessment, and follow-up of patients with head injury, data entry, grant applications and conduct of literature reviews.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in psychology or a related field
- Training and experience with administering cognitive assessments
- Sound analytical, technical and data analysis skills and a demonstrated capacity to apply effective technical methods, processes and systems
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy and an understanding of confidentiality, privacy and information handling principles
- Demonstrated project administration skills with the ability to support research projects in accordance with agreed standards and timeframes
This position involves conducting cognitive testing and for that, we are ideally seeking someone with postgraduate tertiary qualifications in the relevant field.
If this sounds like a position that suits your current career focus we look forward to hearing from you.
This role is a full-time position; however, part-time flexible hours may be negotiated.
At Monash University, we are committed to being a Child Safe organisation. Some positions at the University will require the incumbent to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to “How to apply for Monash Jobs”.
Dr Marina Downing, MERRC Deputy Director / Operations Manager, +61 402 721 236
Research Officer (Epworth Healthcare - Psychology)
Tuesday 21 September 2021, 11:55pm AEST