Senior Policy and Planning Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Wyndham City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Policy and Planning Officer
Temporary Full Time
January 2018 – May 2019
$93,490 pa (pro rata) plus superannuation
Join Victoria’s fastest growing municipality. This is an opportunity to work in partnership with community service organisations, government agencies, business sector and community groups to advocate for services to meet community needs.
This role within the Community Wellbeing and Inclusion Unit has key responsibilities with an emphasis on Access, Inclusion, Diversity and Reconciliation including:
- Researching, analysing and providing advice on current and emerging issues impacting on the Wyndham community.
- Developing and evaluating a range of social policies.
- Using community development principles and practices to engage with the community regarding specific policy and
Your tertiary qualifications in public policy, public health, social sciences or a related field coupled with your experience and skills in research and writing for government on complex and high profile matters will enable you to excel in this role. Interviews for this position will be held on 19 & 20 December 2017.
To be considered for this role, applicants must clearly address the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the online questionnaire.
We are looking for the best people to join us in planning, designing and leading our community’s growth into the future. If you believe this is you please submit your application today.
What we have to offer
Here are just some of the great benefits working at Wyndham City:
- Excellent leave entitlements
- Study assistance
- Diverse range of professional development opportunities
- A number of great health and wellbeing initiatives
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Previous applicants need not apply.
For further enquiries please contact: Krystle Nedinis, Team Leader Access Inclusion and Diversity on (03) 9742 0755.
Applications close: Sunday 17 December 2017.
Only people with the relevant right to work in Australia and agree to undertake necessary pre-employment checks as required may apply.
- Closing Date:
- 17 Dec 2017
- VIC - Werribee
- $93,490 pa (pro rata) plus superannuation
- Work Type: