Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Health Manager Level 6
Remuneration: $165,261.3 - $180,803.79, plus Superannuation
Location: 1 Reserve Road, St Leonards
Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: REQ254494
Closing Date: 15 September 2021 (11:59PM)
Where you'll be working
You will be working with a diverse and dynamic team within the System Performance Support Branch, Health System Support Group (HSSG) and based at 1 Reserve Road, St Leonards, NSW 2065. HSSG is a unit of the Public Health System Support Division of the Health Administration Corporation to provide services to support the public health system in implementing Government targets and programs.
What you'll be doing
The Director, Integrated Care Implementation leads, plans and manages strategic operational project implementation to meet strategic and business objectives. The role will specifically lead the implementation of integrated care programs including; continued development of the State direction toward System Integration, strategies associated with the NSW Health bilateral agreement with the Commonwealth, and the incorporation of the Chronic Disease Management Program with the Minister's priority Integrated Care Program. It is outward facing, with key responsibilities for working with the Local Health Districts and Health Networks to align the delivery of chronic disease management programs with the outputs of the Integrated Care strategies.
You may be asked to undertake further assessments as part of the recruitment process for this position, which may include, but is not limited to, psychometric assessment (e.g. personality and cognitive abilities assessments) and/or particular work tasks.
How to apply
Your application to be considered should include:
- Responses by addressing the selection criteria below
- An up-to-date resume of no more than five (5) pages which clearly details your skills and experience as relevant to this role.
- 2x referees will need to be supplied prior to an offer being made.
- Application must be lodged electronically. Please go to https://jobs.health.nsw.gov.au/ and search Job Reference Number REQ254494 to submit your application.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of current and emerging strategic health issues in the area of Integrated Care including the relevant and emerging local and international models of care associated with delivering an integrated system of connected care.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or demonstrated equivalent professional experience gained in either the acute health or primary care sectors in development and management of integrated care processes.
- Exceptional analytical skills including the ability to analyse and interpret highly complex information from numerous sources, exercise independent judgement in a dynamic interagency policy environment, prepare and present analysis and reports, deal with challenges creatively and achieve business focused and innovative solutions.
- Highly developed interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills with extensive experience engaging, collaborating and influencing key stakeholders and customers at a senior level to influence and achieve optimal business outcomes.
- Superior organisational skills and experience working in a high volume and demanding professional environment with proven capacity to lead and manage highly critical and complex projects. This includes meeting specified outcomes and time frames, while anticipating problems, developing contingencies and negotiating solutions.
- Proven achievement in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives, including the capability to plan, manage change, improve performance and project manage.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Justin Gardiner on Justin.Gardiner@health.nsw.gov.au.
Our Commitment to Diversity
NSW Health values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTIQ+, those with special needs and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
For more information, visit our Aboriginal Workforce Page or contact our Access and Inclusion Team.
Aboriginal Workforce contact email: HSNSW-AboriginalCareers@health.nsw.gov.au
Access and Inclusion Team contact email: HSNSW-DisabilityEmployment@health.nsw.gov.au
Things to consider when submitting application:
To be eligible for employment in the role you must be one of the following. You can only be offered employment in this role for the duration that your current visa allows you to work in Australia, and you can only be offered ongoing employment if you have a permanent visa that allows you to work in Australia:
- an Australian Citizen, or
- a permanent resident of Australia, or
- a New Zealand citizen with a current New Zealand Passport, or
- a citizen of another country with an appropriate visa that allows you to work in Australia
To learn more about working at the NSW Health, please visit our career portal.
Applications Close: 15 September 2021 (11:59PM)
Please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
NSW Health Service: Employer of Choice