- Provide senior leadership in a renowned cancer registry
- Make a significant contribution to cancer research in a respected not-for-profit organisation
- Full time permanent position – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
Provide strategic direction for this widely acknowledged registry providing data for cancer control nationally and internationally
About your environment
Cancer Council Victoria has been leading efforts against cancer since 1936 through world leading research, prevention, support and advocacy programs. The Victorian Cancer Registry (VCR) is a population-based cancer registry aiming to provide comprehensive, accurate and timely information for cancer control by developing and maintaining a high quality, accessible information asset to support epidemiological, clinical, behavioural and health services research and evaluation.
About your opportunity
We are seeking a Deputy Director to join the Victorian Cancer Registry. Reporting to and collaborating with the Director, VCR, your role is to:
- Assist in the development and implementation of innovative strategic and operational direction in the VCR
- Lead the development of enhanced communications with stakeholders wanting to use VCR data for research and health services evaluation
- Enhance communication with stakeholders and lead the drive for continuous quality and efficiency improvements in VCR programs
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in science, applied science or public health with extensive experience in a research environment
- High level interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships and lead a team to successful outcomes
- Proven ability to manage research and development projects and a high degree of knowledge of population based cancer registries and associated information systems
What we can offer you
This full-time permanent position provides a salary commensurate with the position level and experience including superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.
To apply and for more info
To apply for this opportunity visit www.cancervic.org.au/about/careers to download a Position Description and the Key Selection Criteria and forward your full application (cover letter, resume and completed Key Selection Criteria document) to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information contact Helen Farrugia on (03) 9514 6292.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia and a National Police Check
Applications close 9 April 2017
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.