- Support two NHMRC funded behavioural research studies
- Coordinate fieldwork, undertake data analyses and contribute to papers for peer-reviewed journal publication
- Two year full time appointment – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your environment
Cancer Council Victoria has been leading efforts against cancer since 1936 through world leading research, prevention, support and advocacy programs. Within the Behavioural Science Division, the Centre for Behavioural Research in Cancer (CBRC) conducts high quality applied behavioural research and evaluation to inform and improve cancer control policies, programs and services. Led by Professor Melanie Wakefield, the Centre has an international reputation as a key provider of cancer control research advice, with active research programs underway in tobacco control, skin cancer prevention, obesity prevention, alcohol harm reduction and cancer screening.
About your opportunity
We are seeking a Research Officer to join CBRC, to support the implementation, analysis and reporting of two National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) funded research projects assessing the impact of health warnings on consumers. One study is investigating warning labels on alcohol containers, while the other will examine how health warnings can correct smokers’ misperceptions about the relative harms of different tobacco products. Reporting to the Senior Research Officer, your role is to:
- Prepare surveys and other study materials
- Coordinate fieldwork and data collection
- Contribute to data analysis and interpretation
- Contribute to project reports and papers for peer reviewed journal publication.
Assist Cancer Council’s Centre for Behavioural Research in Cancer to improve the effectiveness of cancer prevention policies and programs.
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- A degree in psychology, behavioural sciences, public health, or a related discipline AND demonstrated experience in a research related role
- Understanding of survey research methodology and study design for behavioural research, sufficient to develop complex questionnaires.
- Experience with Stata and/or SPSS statistical packages in the conduct of multivariate data analyses
- Well-developed communication and relationship management skills
What we can offer you
This is a full-time fixed term (two years) position providing a salary between $62,000 - $75,000 pa commensurate with experience, plus superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.
To apply and for more info
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Culturally and linguistically diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this opportunity visit www.cancervic.org.au/about/careers to download a Position Description and the Key Selection Criteria and forward your full application (cover letter, resume and completed Key Selection Criteria document) to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information contact Associate Professor Sarah Durkin at email@example.com
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia, and a National Police Check.
Applications close Sunday 15 July 2018