- Play a vital role in managing multisite project delivery at Victorian Cancer Biobank, one of the largest cancer biobanks in Australia.
- Be a part of Australia’s most trusted cancer ‘Not for Profit’ organisation
- Flexible, supportive environment
- Full time, fixed term position until 30 June 2024 – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Victorian Cancer Biobank (VCB) is a not-for-profit consortium, funded by the Victorian Government through the Victorian Cancer Agency. The current consortium members include Cancer Council Victoria as the lead agency, Austin Health, Eastern Health, Melbourne Health, Monash Health and Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre. The purpose is to provide high quality, ethically obtained biospecimens and biospecimen related services to support research that will lead to improvements in cancer diagnosis and treatment. The central operations of VCB is part of Victorian Cancer Registry Division within Cancer Council Victoria.
About your opportunity
We are seeking a Project Manager to join the Victorian Cancer Biobank. Reporting to the Business Development Manager your role is to:
- Lead, manage and monitor the delivering projects of provision of biospecimens in collaboration with the consortium sites.
- Communicate the project requirements to the sites ensuring accurate delivery of servicing projects.
- Communicate with clients for existing projects to ensure effective delivery of their projects.
- Support Business Development Manager in establishing new projects.
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- A tertiary qualification or substantial experience in a clinical, biobanking, or health and medical research environment
- Demonstrated experience in research project management
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- High level organisational skills
What we can offer you
To apply and for more info
To apply for this opportunity visit https://cancer-council-vic.applynow.net.au/jobs/CCV19 to download a Position Description and upload your Resume and Cover Letter. Ensure that your cover letter addresses the Key Selection Criteria detailed within the Position Description. For more information contact Wayne Ng on (03) 9514 6179 or email@example.com.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia, a National Police Check.
Applications close Sunday 23 January 2022
Cancer Council Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cancer Council Victoria is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, all applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.