Professor of Nursing (Research)
University of Technology Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
UTS Health and the Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network
We are seeking to appoint a Professor of Nursing (Research) to contribute to the development of research scholarship and the body of knowledge in the discipline of Nursing through the conduct of clinical research within the Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network.
About the Role
Reporting to the Dean of UTS: Health and the Network Director of Nursing, Midwifery and Education at the Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network, you will provide leadership in research development including translational science/evidence based practice.
The role assumes responsibility to develop innovative and sector leading approaches to build research capability and capacity in clinical nursing including BN (Hons) and HDR candidates.
This position is located at The Children’s Hospitals Network with facilities at both The Children’s Hospital at Westmead (CHW) and Sydney Children’s Hospital at Randwick (SCH). Work across the Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network is expected.
Strong candidates for this position will have:
- An established research record in nursing research including a significant number of peer-reviewed publications
- A deep understanding of research priorities and challenges in Nursing and Health
- Evidence of high quality teaching and HDR supervision experience and expertise
- The ability to engage clinical partners in research development and translational science
- A strong background in research policy and knowledge of research quality issues at national and international levels
- A PhD in Nursing or related area (e.g. Public Health, Psychology) and extensive research leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to win competitive research grants as lead investigators
- Ability to establish and enhance international links and relationships with relevant professional, scholarly and community bodies.
Remuneration & Benefits
A competitive salary and package will be offered, including 17% superannuation. The role of Professor of Nursing (Research) is for a fixed term of five years.
You will also reap the rewards of working in a dynamic, supportive, environment with employee benefits including flexible work practices, study support, discounted gym membership and generous parental leave.
How to Apply
More information can be found in the Candidate Inofrmation Pack on the UTS website. Specific enquiries regarding the role may be directed to Professor John Daly - Dean, Faculty of Health, at email@example.com or +61 29514 4795.
Prior to commencing your application for IRC98009, please review the Position Statement and the relevant selection criteria, which you are required to address in your submission in a separate document.
Specific issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9514 1080.
We are only accepting on-line applications for this post, however, if you have a disability that makes it difficult for you to provide us with information in this way, please contact the Recruitment Team for assistance.
Closing Date: Monday 14th August at 11.59pm (AEST)
We are committed to diversity and social inclusion, evidenced by our WGEA Employer of Choice citation, Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy and the UTS Access and Inclusion Plan. We welcome applications from women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles), Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Closing Date:
- 14 Aug 2017
- NSW - Sydney
- Work Type:
- Full Time