The Florey Institute (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Attractive salary and benefits
- Based at the Melbourne Brain Centre, Parkville, Victoria
- Full-time 12 month position
One in five Australians is affected by a brain disorder each year. The Florey Neuroscience Institutes is passionately committed to researching the way the brain works. We are internationally renowned for our discoveries and research on the central nervous system and associated brain disorders.
An excellent opportunity is available for a highly motivated individual to join an outstanding team of scientists and work within the Synapse Biology and Cognition team led by Dr. Jess Nithianantharajah at the Melbourne Brain Centre, Parkville. The group is focused on understanding the role of synaptic genes in cognition and disease, with a central focus on employing in-depth touchscreen cognitive behavioural analysis. This project will involve collaborative studies with clinical networks undertaking human cognitive touchscreen testing thus applicants with a strong interest in cognitive neuroscience are encouraged to apply.
We are looking for a promising Early Career Researcher with a background in neuroscience, psychology or cognitive science who has strong career development plan, and can be productive in this short period. The successful candidate will lead the development of animal-clinical studies, which will include involvement in human experimental design, planning, and execution.
The successful candidate will have:
- Masters or PhD in biological science, psychology (or equivalent qualification) with work experience in a research environment.
- Highly motivated and demonstrated ability to work independently, organise their own work and work effectively as a member of a team to achieve project goals and meet agreed deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in the development of ethics applications, peer-reviewed publications, conference papers or reports and grant applications
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing at a level appropriate to the research
- Excellent time management, organisational and record-keeping skills
- Capable of day-to-day direction of tasks
The Florey is offering an indicative salary package in the range of $74-86K (RA4 to RO 1-3) commensurate on experience (plus superannuation and generous salary packaging options).
A full position description is available from www.florey.edu.au/careers. Applicants who meet the above criteria should ‘apply now’ for this position addressing the Selection Criteria in the cover letter by no later than 5pm, 9 February 2018. Note that you will be re-directed to our recruitment platform Careerone.
- Closing Date:
- 09 Feb 2018
- VIC - Parkville
- Work Type:
- Full Time